19. Fighting a Loosing Battle ...

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Taniya?

Annanya?

Sudeep?

Neil?

Any relative from her in-law's side was out of question. If her own parents weren't supporting her, how could she dare to expect her in-laws to be on her side?

*******

Upon returning back, Khusi quietly shut the door and was strolling upto her room, when a low sob rang near the open balcony. Khusi whirled around only to see Sanjana, weeping her eyes out, talking to someone on her phone.

The glass doors were reflective from outside but transparent from inside. So Khusi decided to eavesdrop on her.

"I don't know Appi! If Abba finds out I am carrying a child out of wedlock, he would kill me! I never wanted to be a home wrecker. I just had a huge infatuation on Bhaskar sir and this is where it had led me to," Sanjana sobbed, her chocolate brown eyes trained on Khusi from the other side of the glass door. For Sanjana, she was staring back at her reflection.

Khusi eyed her, her fist tightly curled when Sanjana's chocolate brown eyes turned horrified and she gasped, "No Appi! I can't kill it. I know I did a mistake, but I can't sin again. I am ready to own upto my mistake, and take it's responsibility," Sanjana whisperer, gently caressesing her belly.

"I know, I know ... I don't want it to be called a bastard child too, and honestly I don't even think that Bhaskar Sir would let that happen, but I am too scared right now." Sanjana's heavy voice stirred something in Khusi's heart.

"Bu ... but what if sir's wife doesn't give him divorce. I won't let anyone take my baby away from me. I can't give it away!" Sanjana weeped, covering her mouth and turned her back on the glass door.

Khusi pursued her lips and sighed tiredly, looking up at the ceiling. She was tired, way too tired to deal with all the mess Bhaskar had created in her life. His lowest move was when he had asked Khusi to prove her love to him. Was this where she went wrong? Maybe Bhaskar never loved her, that's why all of this was so easy for him.

But she couldn't let another woman suffer, wouldn't see another life getting destroyed. Even if that woman was equally responsible for Khusi's miseries. But so was Bhaskar.

Slinking inside her room, she dialled the number of the person, she knew she needed to talk to, that very moment.

"Geetika Ma'am?"

*******

Bhaskar was on a call with one his friends, who was a lawyer, when a knock reverberated in the room. He quickly pushed himself on his feet and pulled open the door, to see Khusi standing there with a blank face.

"Khusi? Come." He ushered her in and took his seat back on the bed.

"I want the divorce papers ready as soon as possible," Khisi clipped.

Bhaskar's eyes widened and he sprang up on his feet again.

"Are you hundred percent sur ... "

"Yes!"

"Okay ... ," Bhaskar drawled, rubbing his nape. He was a bit disappointed, with Khusi walking out of his life when he was about to get the biggest blessing, but nevertheless, it wasn't something he was unprepared for.

"One of my friends is a very powerful and influential lawyer here. Normally even mutual divorces take 6 months, but I will talk to him, to prepare the paperwork as soon as possible."

Khusi nodded absent-mindedly and was just about to walk out when Bhaskar grasped her wrist. She jerked her hand away and glared at Bhaskar for his audacious behavior.

"Don't touch me," Khusi hissed.

"Thank You," he murmured, passing Khusi a sad smile, ignoring Khusi bitter words.

A taunt sat on the tip on her tongue, but Khusi didn't bother to waste any more words on him. Before walking out of the room, she snipped, "If you really want to thank me, do me a favour. Keep the news of our divorce disclosed from my family as long as possible."

*******

Vote and Comment, 🌟💬

if you're liking my story. 🥰😇

See'Ya ❤️✨