2

Hours went by, Ruv had actually fallen asleep during that time span and when he woke up it was already morning, the scent of caramel seemed to help with his sleep although he didn't know why. Carol got out of her room yawning and stretching her arms, she looked over to Ruv and waved while giving him a smile, Ruv couldn't smile back of course but he just waved back at her and fiddled with the fake grey fur on the hood of his jacket.

"Would you like something to eat?" Carol asked while she walked into the kitchen, she didn't get an answer except for pure silence so she looked back at Ruv and saw him shake his head in response to 'No'.

Carol shrugged and went back into the kitchen to make some food Ruv felt so awkward and very uncomfortable with the new environment, "Hey Ruv! How'd you sleep?" Sarvanete asked as she jumped onto him making him let out a small 'Oof' sound, "I slept fine... Which is surprising." Ruv replied and Sarvanete giggled while hugging him tightly, he didn't hug back he just sat there with his arms crossed.

Whitty was the last one to wake up and he immediately went to the kitchen to help Carol out with the cooking, Ruv was repeatedly getting harassed by Sarvanete to take off his jacket, eventually Ruv just gave up and took it off revealing his sleeveless turtle neck sweatshirt, "Perfect, now you're more comfortable!" Sarvanete laughed at her friend's irritated face.

"Hey you two, breakfast is ready." Whitty said, Sarvanete jumped up from the couch and dragged Ruv to the kitchen, they both saw bacon and eggs on the plates and Carol was preparing orange juice once she was done she poured everyone a cup and they all sat down to eat, Sarvanete was having a conversation with Carol and Whitty while Ruv just ate silently, he knew that orange juice was sweet so he didn't drink it since he hated everything that tasted sweet.

"Are you two a couple? I-I know Sarv's a nun but you're pretty cute together." Carol said with a smile.

Sarvanete giggled, "Well we-" "No, we're not." Ruv interrupted, he already knew how she would respond and he didn't like it one bit, "But Ruv, we've been friends for so many years now, can't we at least try?" She asked, "No. I only see you as my friend, nothing else." Ruv stated gritting his teeth slightly, he didn't want to raise his voice for it would cause an earthquake and probably make the whole house come down.

Carol cleared her throat awkwardly before continuing to eat, "I'm sorry I asked..." She said, Sarvanete felt a little hurt that Ruv said that but it was a normal thing whenever someone asked if they were a couple, she knew he wasn't interested.

But she liked him more than just a friend, 'It's been over a decade since we've met at the church... We know more about each other than anyone else, so why does he keep pushing me away?' Sarvanete thought, she sighed and just kept eating her food, Ruv was the first one to finish and he quickly left the table just to go back to the couch and snuggle with his beloved jacket. Whitty went to check on him after a little while, "Hey, you okay?" Whitty asked, Ruv just growled at him and turned around to make his back face the bomb, "Just leave me alone." Ruv said, Whitty frowned at those words but he didn't want to upset him any further so he left him alone.

+2 hours later+

Sarvanete had apologized to her friend already and is now brushing his hair while watching some TV, "It was kind of you to lend Ruv a shirt, Whitty." Sarvanete smiled at Whitty, he smiled back and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of milk before coming back to join them on the couch, "Can I touch your hair?" Whitty asked, Ruv was taken aback by that question but he didn't get the chance to answer for Whitty had already started ruffling his hair. "Oh wow! It's really soft, I like it." Whitty smiled, 'Did... I just receive a compliment?' Ruv asked himself while the bomb kept touching his hair completely distracted by how soft it was, "Aww! Ruv's embarrassed!" Sarvanete giggled, the man's face had gone pink for a slight moment then he harshly slapped Whitty's hand away.

"Oh, you're so salty." Sarvanete pouted and started brushing his hair again, Ruv just growled in response and looked away from Whitty, 'His hand was really warm though...' Ruv thought. He put his ushanka back on after Sarvanete finished brushing his hair, Whitty just drank the glass of milk while focusing on the TV, after a few minutes Sarvanete went to the bathroom and left the two alone together, "Can I-" "No."

"Please! How'd you know what I was gonna say?"

"Because I already knew from the look on your stupid face."

"Well... Ouch?"

"... Ouch indeed."

"Can I touch your hair again though?"

"..."

"No."

"Pff-- Whatever."

Whitty opened his mouth to say something again but he was interrupted.

"No. You can't wear my ushanka either."

Whitty pouted and tackled Ruv making him slam down on the couch, "W-Woah! Wait a minute-" "If you don't let me touch your hair I'll explode right here and now." Whitty threatened and his wick suddenly ignited making Ruv panic and try to get out of his grip.

"C'mon Ruv, you wouldn't want Sarvanete to find us in this position, now do you? Or maybe she comes back to see our ashes." Whitty said, Ruv tried to push him away but he simply wouldn't budge, soon the man sighed in defeat and nodded giving Whitty permission to touch his hair, the bomb put out the fire on his wick and pulled Ruv back up while taking his ushanka off and ruffling his hair again. "I already hate you..." "Aw! I love you too!"

"THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID!"

The ground shook tremendously when Ruv shouted, he quickly shut himself up and let out a big groan of defeat while Whitty hummed in his triumph of victory.

______________________________________

Hello! Hope you're enjoying so far.

Um... This is my first time on Wattpad so I don't really know what to say, but I'll try my best to make this book worth while! 😀