Red Letter Thrills Part 1 (Willne)

Start from the beginning

Only a small handful of people knew about her family drama, most of them being Anika's friends. All accept 1.

Anika's year 9 parents evening started off normal. The regular comments.

"She's doing so well"

"She works great in my class"

"I have high expectations for her"

And then Anika's father turned up late. Anika stood embarrassed while her parents 'silently' argued about his tardiness. But the only one who really heard anything, was Will who was stood at the back of the French line.

He didn't say anything and he barely looked, but he could tell by the look on all participants faces, Anika included, that this family was on its last legs.

After Will had publicly shamed her family, the two were never the same.

The conversations between them were either extremely hostile or non existent.

All because of a few insults.

So when Will refused to wish her a happy Birthday, it was just another thing to add to the list of reasons why Will was not worth her time.

Every time he was around, a swift middle finger by both of them would be expressed, or a slight nudge of the shoulder when walking passed each other.

"Come on Will, just say happy birthday"

He shrugged.

"Why should I?"

Anika rolled her eyes, not expecting anything less. She threw her hand up, implying that she didn't care, turning her back on him and continuing the conversation she was having.

It was now lesson 3, Anika was running late due to her needing the toilet at the end of break. She held her bracelet in her hand, trying to tighten it as she sped walked.

She held tightly to the bracelet, deciding to leave it until she got to class. Suddenly her arms was struck quite harshly. She stumbled back, locking eyes with the person who bumped her.

Will.

"Watch where you're going Philips"

She huffed, his face showing clear signs of annoyance. For what felt like the 100th time that day, she rolled her eyes. Deciding not to let him ruin her birthday, she ignored his childish comments and carried on walking.

Her breath was short by the time she had arrived at class. She received a disapproving look from the teacher, causing her to apologise and make her way to her seat.

Not wanting to cause any further disruption, she pulled her books out of her bag and began copying any work she had missed in the few minutes she was late.

About halfway through the lesson, Anika was finishing up of her work, the lesson being one of those catch up ones. Amber looked over at Anika.

"Where's the friendship charm?"

She questioned. Anika kept her eyes on her work.

"It's on my bracelet"

She chuckled. It couldn't be anywhere else.

"I don't think it is Ani"

She scrunched her eyebrows in, looking down at her chain. She inspected all of the charms that were on display, the heart no longer there.

"Oh no!"

She frowned, looking all around her, hoping that it was near by. But to her dismay, it was no where to be found. She put her head in her hands. She had had it for less than a day, and it was already lost.