𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10 ♡︎

Start from the beginning

"See something you like, Salvatore?"

He forces himself to focus and clears his throat.

"Get dressed, we're going home."

"What?"

The game is over. Katherine follows Stefan as he walks toward the bedroom.

"What do you mean we're going home?"

"It's time for closure. I've had enough."

"But Klaus—"

"Is out of town. We can leave before he comes back."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Katherine watches him for a few seconds, then she nods and returns to the bathroom to get dressed. When she comes back in the bedroom, Stefan is feeding from a blood bag.

"Care to share?"

He hands it over to her without a word.

"Thanks. So, you're sure you want me to come with you? It could—"

"Yes, you're coming with me. Let's go."

He takes her by the hand and Katherine barely has the time to throw the blood bag on a table downstairs before they're out of the house.

Damon is at the boarding house with Elena and they're drinking in the living-room while listening to music when the entrance door opens. At first, they don't notice Stefan leaning against the wall. Katherine is nowhere in sight but Stefan knows she's just waiting to make her entrance. He has to clear his throat so that his brother finally looks up and sees him. As if he had been burnt, Damon suddenly pulls away from Elena who was in his arms. Confused, the young vampire glares at Damon but she quickly follows his glance and she turns her head toward Stefan as well. Stefan tries to ignore the small pang in his chest at the sight of his ex-girlfriend in his brother's arms. Even though he knows that his feelings for Elena are gone, it still hurts when he thinks about how they used to be together.

"Stefan," she whispers.

"You're back," Damon adds.

"Looks like I am."

Stefan keeps his tone cold and detached. He is not pleased to see how things have turned out between the three of them. Damon takes a tentative step towards him.

"I see things are pretty cozy between the two of you. How long have you been sleeping together? Did you even wait a whole day before jumping in bed with each other, hmm?"

He shouldn't have taken human blood before coming. It was a mistake. Stefan realizes how unfair he's being but he can't help feeling bitter.

"Stefan…" Damon begins.

"No, it's okay. I actually came to talk to you, Damon. Alone."

Damon nods and follows Stefan outside. Elena takes that time to regain her composure. There is something inside of her that has awoken when she saw Stefan and she's not sure to understand what it is.