Chapter 7: Not Stubborn. Just Careful.

"Hey, Penny!" I heard Ellie's voice making me turn around to look at her. The classes for the day were over and everyone was leaving the hell hole we called school in a rush.

I smiled at Ellie as she walked up to me with Xander, the twins, Liam and his girlfriend, Kara, right behind her.

"Hey." I say. "Why are you all still here? Aren't you going home? Or is someone in trouble again?" I asked.

"Fortunately, no one's in trouble right now." Liam chuckled as he glared at Xander and the twins. "We all were actually just looking for you." he told me.

"Me? What did I do?" I asked with a frown.

Why could they be looking for me? I mean, we did see each other during the break and in between the classes.

"Well, since you are now our friend, we were hoping that you'll hang out with us today." Jason spoke up with a nervous smile on his face.

"With all you guys?" I asked. They all nodded with eager smiles on their faces. They were all a bit childish to be honest. They were crazy as hell from what I've seen till now.

"Come on, Penny! We are just going to watch some movies and throw popcorn at each other. We don't do anything extravagant." Mason said. I chuckled at that.

"Okay." I agreed, making Ellie jump up and hug me for a brief second. I chuckled at the happiness in all their faces. "I'll just send a quick text to my uncle to tell him about my whereabouts." I told them as I took my phone out.

It was weird for me to have made friends so fast. I mean, I wasn't even trying to make any friends. I have always been a little too much for everyone at first before people get used to me. I just hope my parents don't suddenly make me move away again.

"You'll come with me, Pee-pee." Mason said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder as I kept my phone back and started to walk out of the school with everyone. I frowned as I looked at him.

"Pee-pee? Couldn't you come up with something else?" I asked him, incredulously, as we continued to walk towards the parking lot. Pee-pee sounded gross!

"I can't. I'm dumb." Mason told me in a sincere voice. He looked completely serious. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Penny is my nickname. You can call me Penny." I told him. It was his turn to roll his eyes.

"And be like everyone else? Have you ever seen me, sweetheart?" Mason asked me. "I'm different! I ooze different-ness!" Mason told me, making me laugh at his made-up word.

"Okay, call me whatever you want but please don't call me something gross like pee-pee!" I told him. He pouted at that but nodded in agreement.

"I'll come up with something completely awesome!" He told me. I shook my head at his childishness.

"Where is Damien?" I asked when I saw everyone getting into their cars but Damien was still nowhere to be seen.

"Why? Am I that boring?" Mason asked me. I ignored him as I looked at Ellie.

"He had to go home as soon as the class got over since his mother was leaving for work. We are actually all heading to his house now." She told me.

"See! We'll see him when we get there. Now, spend some time with us, the handsome face, Mace, and the gone case, Jace." Mason said. Jason rolled his eyes before hitting the back of his brother's head.

Mason rubbed the back of his head, glaring at Jason before hitting on his arm. I looked between the two twins as they started hitting each other.

Should I stop them?