CHAPTER 15

The Final Task....

It all happened so fast. It was supposed to end well but the fate decide to fuck it up. Cassie was stunned remembering the tragic event that happened last night.

Flashback (long)

It was the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Everyone just can't wait to know the winner who will bring back the trophy and the rewards. Bets has been passed around. They was busting in excitement waiting for night to came, not knowing what will happened that night and how it will change the Wizarding World's future.

The foursome have been continuing their day like usual though this time Viktor was together with them. They went to the usual class, eating and  fooling around. That morning Cassie was enjoying her breakfast when an owl from the Daily Prophet flew at her. She paid the owl and took the newspaper. She raised her eyebrow and let put an amused snort  when she saw the tittle of the front page. The action was not went unnoticed by the others. They went behind her to read the Daily Prophet too. They too let a chuckled when saw it.

"HARRY POTTER"
"DISTURBED AND DANGEROUS"
The boy who defeated He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is unstable and possibly dangerous, writes Rita Skeeter, Special Correspondent. Alarming evidence has recently come to light about Harry Potter's strange behavior, which casts doubts upon his suitability to compete in a demanding competition like the Triwizard Tournament, or even to attend Hogwarts School.
Potter, the Daily Prophet can exclusively reveal, regularly collapses at school, and is often heard to complain of pain in the scar on his forehead (relic of the curse with which You-Know-Who attempted to kill him). On Monday last, midway through a Divination lesson, your Daily Prophet reporter witnessed Potter storming from the class, claiming that his scar was hurting too badly to continue studying.
It is possible, say top experts at St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, that Potters brain was affected by the attack inflicted upon him by You-Know-Who, and that his insistence that the scar is still hurting is an expression of his deep-seated confusion.
"He might even be pretending," said one specialist. "This could be a plea for attention."
The Daily Prophet, however, has unearthed worrying facts about Harry Potter that Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts, has carefully concealed from the wizarding public.
"Potter can speak Parseltongue," reveals Draco Malfoy, a Hogwarts fourth year. "There were a lot of attacks on students a couple of years ago, and most people thought Potter was behind them after they saw him lose his temper at a dueling club and set a snake on another boy. It was all hushed up, though. But he's made friends with werewolves and giants too. We think he'd do anything for a bit of power."
Parseltongue, the ability to converse with snakes, has long been considered a Dark Art. Indeed, the most famous Parselmouth of our times is none other than You-Know-Who himself. A member of the Dark Force Defense League, who wished to remain unnamed, stated that he would regard any wizard who could speak Parseltongue "as worthy of investigation. Personally, I would be highly suspicious of anybody who could converse with snakes, as serpents are often used in the worst kinds of Dark Magic, and are historically associated with evildoers." Similarly, "anyone who seeks out the company of such vicious creatures as werewolves and giants would appear to have a fondness for violence."
Albus Dumbledore should surely consider whether a boy such as this should be allowed to compete in the Triwizard Tournament. Some fear that Potter might resort to the Dark Arts in his desperation to win the tournament, the third task of which takes place this evening.

"Wow that Skeeter women really like to talk about Potter boy huh" say Alec amused while chewing his pancakes. Celia next to him chuckled at the news too. Just a few weeks ago, another news that involved Viktor and the Gryffindor girl. Because of the news, the girl has been receiving hate mails and one of them contained bubotuber pus and it caused her hands to be wrapped in bandages like some tortilla. Damn those fangirls really obsessed with Viktor that they really send something that can caused danger to a person. They believe such rumors just like that.

Viktor's fangirls back at Durmstrang have tried to attack her before because they have close relationship but the Chaos Four easily deal with it. If those reporters knew about her and Viktor then she would be attacked just like the Gryffindor girl. Luckily for them, Cassie was in Durmstrang or else she would be on the paper all the time. Even though Karkaroff is a vile man he still protected his students privacies unlike Dumbledore who letting those reporters especially Skeeter to continue harassing his students and staffs. And because of that Cassie was grateful with Karkaroff especially during her fifth year when her so called father escaped Azkaban.

"Like really that woman attack Potter just a few hours before the final task. And I bet all those students would enjoyed such gossip early in the morning" say Celia sipping her tea. They all agree with her statement as they watch how the Hogwarts students act toward Potter during their time in Hogwarts. One time they on his side and suddenly they oppose him just like how Potter announced as the fourth champion. They all turned their back on him and when he survived the first round they celebrated him. They continue their breakfast before went to their class for the day.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

(I know it was happened during breakfast but I decide to do it at lunch to speed thing up)

During lunch the foursome were called by another seventh year student, Jaxson to come to the chamber of the hall. On their way, they met Viktor along with the rest of the champions. Viktor break away from the champion group and walked towards his friends. Together all them headed to the hall. Inside the chamber, the parents of all champions have been waiting for them before the final task take place tonight. Cassie saw Viktor parents at the corner of the the chamber waving at them. The five of them walked towards them except Cheryl and Celia who ran to hug Viktor mum. Cheryl almost fall if it wasn't for Celia who managed to caught her hands and steady both of them. Viktor's mum hugs both of them before opening her arms for Cassie. Cassie smiled before joining the hugs. Alec nod at Viktor's father before Mrs. Krum pulled him into a hug. Celia and Cheryl stifled their laugh watching Alec's cheeks being pulled by Mrs. Krum. after that, the foursome let Viktor talk to his parents in rapid Bulgarian while they observed the rest of occupants in the chamber. 

Cedric Diggory and his parents were just inside the door. On the other side of the room, Fleur Delacour was jabbering away in French to her mother. Fleur's little sister, Gabrielle, was holding her mother's hand. Cassie can feel Cheryl tensed next to her looking at her cousins and aunt. Cheryl make a grabby hands at Alec asking for a hug not wanting to look her so called family at the other side of the chamber. Alec pulled a bar of chocolate from his pocket and give it to Cheryl before engulfing her and Celia into a hug. Cassie smile fondly at her friends/family before continuing observing the others. She then saw Potter with two red hair remind her of the twin during the Yule in front of the fire place. The red hair woman bent down and kissed him on the cheeks while the red hair man grinning and shake hands with him. She then caught Fleur Delacour eyeing the  tall, thin, handsome red hair man with great interest over her mother's shoulder. 

"Looks like your dear cousin has an eye at someone" whispered Cassie at her friends. Cheryl looked up from Alec's chest and saw it. Her aunt was talking at Fleur but her focus was on something else or should she said someone else. She shrugged before take another bite from the chocolate bar. Cassie then noticed Potter and his guardians in her opinion walked out the door headed to somewhere else. They then left too to give Viktor some time with his parents not before taking another hug from Mrs. Krum.

In the evening, they all went to the Great Hall for evening feast. Ludo Bagman and Cornelius Fudge had joined the staff table now. Bagman looked quite cheerful, but Cornelius Fudge, who was sitting next to Madame Maxime, looked stern and was not talking. Madame Maxime was concentrating on her plate. They enjoyed the feast and tried to keep Viktor from getting nervous and it seem Alec doing a great job. Alec and Viktor keep arguing about Quidditch teams. As the enchanted ceiling overhead began to fade from blue to a dusky purple, Dumbledore rose to his feet at the staff table, and silence fell.

"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes' time, I will be asking you to make your way down to the Quidditch field for the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Will the champions please follow Mr. Bagman down to the stadium now."

Viktor got up. The Slytherin all along the table were applauding him; the foursome all wished him good luck, and he headed off out of the Great Hall with Cedric, Fleur, and Potter.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇