CHAPTER 11

25th December 1994.......

The evening that everyone has been waiting for has finally arrived. *The entrance hall was packed with students too, all milling around waiting for eight o'clock, when the doors to the Great Hall would thrown open. Those people who were meeting partners from different Houses were edging through the crowd trying to find one another.*

Everyone else has settled in the Great Hall. One of the Hogwarts professor told the champions and their partners to get in line in pairs and follow her. They did so and everyone in the Great Hall applauded as they entered and started walking up toward a large round table at the top of the Hall, where the judges were sitting.

The walls of the Hall had all been covered in sparkling silver frost, with hundreds of garlands of mistletoe and ivy crossing the starry black ceiling. The House tables had vanished; instead, there were about a hundred smaller, lantern-lit ones, each seating about a dozen people.

Dumbledore smiled happily as the champions approached the top table, but Karkaroff wore an expression remarkably as he watched Krum and his partner draw nearer. Ludo Bagman, tonight in robes of bright purple with large yellow stars, was clapping as enthusiastically as any of the students; and Madame Maxime, who had changed her usual uniform of black satin for a flowing gown of lavender silk, was applauding them politely. But Mr. Crouch was not there. The fifth seat at the table was occupied by someone else.

When everyone were enjoying their dinner, they were startled when suddenly all of Durmstrang students minus Viktor suddenly stand up and headed to the Great Hall's door . They then start to line up into two line on each sides of the door. Then two of them opened the door. There standing in front of the door were Cassie, Cheryl, Celia and Alec. Three of them looked confused at the welcome while the last one smiled brightly (guess who) at their schoolmates. They then escorted by the head prefects to a table near the champions' table. Once they seated, the students went head back to their place and continue their eating like nothing happened. Everyone were left dumbfounded at the action before continuing eating though a thought crossed their mind, 'Who are they?'

"You tell us that the ball start at 8.30, Cheryl. And how did you make them do this?" asked Cassie at Cheryl who were enjoying her beef steak marinade and of course a glass of red wine. How did she managed to get was unknown to them. 

"It's simple. I asked them 'nicely'. I can be nice sometimes" answered Cheryl as she take a sip of her red wine. She really smuggled a lot of red wine because it seemed to never end since she drink it everyday. And of course she has high alcohol tolerance or else she would suffered from the headache.

Alec chocked on his wine when he heard that Cheryl asked them nicely. The only reason Alec can think why those students agreed was because they scared of the 5'6ft ginger red hair. It was another mystery on how other students scared of her when the truth was she's the cinnamon roll in their group. Well all of them are, just hiding behind the cold façade that they put on for the rest of the world to see.

As they enjoying the dinner, Celia looked around looking for Viktor when he spotted him at the champions' table sitting next to a periwinkle-blue dress girl. He seemed to be in deep conversation with the girl. She then nudged Cassie and Cheryl and pointed at Viktor's direction. Their attention all were focused on the direction. They can see that some of the girls in the Hall were all casting glares at the girl. They hope that those girls bright enough to not attack that poor girl just because Viktor choose her as his partners.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

*When all the food had been consumed, Dumbledore stood up and asked the students to do the same. Then, with a wave of his wand, all the tables zoomed back along the walls leaving the floor clear, and then he conjured a raised platform into existence along the right wall. A set of drums, several guitars, a lute, a cello, and some bagpipes were set upon it.

The Weird Sisters now trooped up onto the stage to wildly enthusiastic applause; they were all extremely hairy and dressed in black robes that had been artfully ripped and torn. They picked up their instruments. The lanterns on all the other tables had gone out, and that the other champions and their partners were standing up. The Weird Sisters struck up a slow, mournful tune.

The foursome smile watching the champions dancing with their partners. They noticed how Potter boy been steered by his partners and keep looking around instead of looking at his partners, very soon many of them too had come onto the dance floor, so that the champions were no longer the center of attention. Cassie noticed one of dancers wincing frequently as her partners keep trod on her feet. Dumbledore was waltzing with Madame Maxime of Beauxbatons. He was so dwarfed by her that the top of his pointed hat barely tickled her chin; however, she moved very gracefully for a woman so large. Mad-Eye Moody the man who almost in a fight with Karkaroff on their first night at Hogwarts was doing an extremely ungainly two-step with another Hogwarts professor, who was nervously avoiding his wooden leg.*

Alec then lead her twin to the dance floor. Cassie took her camera out of the bag purse she brought and took some pictures of the twins. Cheryl then joined Alec as he still wanted to dance but Celia already tired and went back to Cassie side. Cassie also took some pictures of them. They continue dancing until The Weird Sisters stopped playing, applause filled the hall once more. Then, the Weird Sisters struck up a new song, which was much faster. This time Cassie and Celia went to Alec and Cheryl side to dance enjoying themselves.

After a couple of dance between the four of them, they decide to go to the rose garden. *The front doors stood open, and the fluttering fairy lights in the rose garden winked and twinkled as they went down the front steps, where they found themselves surrounded by bushes; winding, ornamental paths; and large stone statues. They could hear splashing water, which sounded like a fountain. Here and there, people were sitting on carved benches. They set off along one of the winding paths through the rosebushes taking one of the carved benches. Alec then asked for Cassie camera to took the trio pictures. As the nights past, the Chaos Four making more memories. Lot of smiling, laughing can be heard from them.

Not knowing what the future holds for them

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇