𝟎𝟒 - ❝INTERROGATION.❞

🌻🌈🎉e n j o y🎉🌈🌻

🌻🌈🎉e n j o y🎉🌈🌻

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓?"

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐃.

As of right now, you were representing the word 'nervous.' And you represented it quite well.

Your forehead and hands were sweaty, despite the presence of the cold air in the elevator. You keep fumbling your fingers, undecisive. You kept adjusting yourself in place, not being capable of standing still, changing which foot will you focus on.

As your nervousness got the best of you, you tried making up of an excuse despite the state you were in.

But Kageyama's intuition stopped that from happening.

"If you're gonna lie, don't make it too obvious." he said.

You widen your eyes at him, finally untangling your fingers. He was tilting his head a bit, raising his eyebrows and a warm smile.

Years of being together, Kageyama picked up all of your habits, big and small. And all that time of being together, he knew you weren't comfortable lying. At all. You were ridiculously bad at it, it was almost laughable.

You chuckled nervously, putting your hands on the back and looking at the elevator buttons. This way, you hoped you could avoid his question.

But boy, this man wouldn't stop.

"Nice try dodging the question." Kageyama said, his hands in his pockets. "So, am I going to play the guessing game or are you gonna spit it out?"

You looked at him flustered, mumbling what was like an alien-like language, it made him laugh.

"I don't think I have that in the apartment." he said, chuckling lightly.

"L-Look, promise you won't judge me?" you said, mentally cursing yourself. Just earlier you were bold enough to assume you'd get through this day, that he'd be the one with the depressing feelings. But the tables were turn against you.

Kageyama looked more attractive now, in all ways you could imagine. This was what he was good at. He was the only guy that made you feel like the only lady in the world. Even if you aren't together anymore, he still makes you feel like that. And you wished you actually were.

He raised an eyebrow at you, shrugging afterwards. "Sure."

"Well.." You said, looking down on your fingers. "Could you not look at me while I say this?"

He obliged, looking at the elevator wall beside him. You sighed, holding your index finger tightly.

"I.. was going to get the.." You cleared your throat. "The.."

"The maid clothes?" Your cheeks heated up, surprised he got it right.

"H-How did you?-"

"It's the only thing in the apartment that's yours that is-- embarrassing." Kageyama finished. "Why would you get something that makes you that nervous?"

"I know I still have some of my clothes there!" You dodged. "How could you correctly guess it's actually that thing?"

It was his turn to grow flustered. His cheeks were bright red, abandoning his attempt to cover them.

"H-Hey, isn't it better that I actually said it?" He countered. "If you did, you're probably gonna go on mumbling that you regret telling me."

"IT'S ONLY RATIONAL, TOBI-" You stopped your sentence mid-way. You only called him Tobio-kun inside the relationship. But calling him that now, considering your circumstances, was weird. Stranger Things weird.

Thankfully, Kageyama stayed quite too, knowing the value of awkwardness in the conversation. It seems the elevator was too sick of the awkward tension, it opened itself after a few seconds.

You went first, not wanting to see any trace of Kageyama and rushed through his door. He took his time following you, like he had all the time in the world. All he could think was : Why?

Why did the two of you have to break up? Just because of some stupid bitch in a yellow lingerie was the worst way to end things.

You kept tapping your foot, waiting for Kageyama to come over and open the door. Once he was in your line of vision, you turned away and stared at the door. He sighed, reaching for his key and inserting it in the door knob.

Once you heard it click, you opened the door and stopped for a moment to look for your former. It's been awhile since you've been in this apartment, so you thought you had to adjust to your surroundings.

But it was nearly the same as you remembered it.

The living room and small kitchen was the same, it was almost surprising how tidy he kept the place. As surprising as the girl not being there.

You cleared your throat, heading for your room. You tried remembering where the maid outfit was and at the same time, looking for it in your closet.

Then, you felt a lacy texture under the pile of clothes. You pulled it out and there it was in the flesh. You pictured yourself in it, a small cat-like smile displayed on your face. You hung it around your arm, walking out of the room and to the front door.

You looked at the article of clothing in your arm, smiling. All you could think about was how perfect it'll look on you and how it can benefit your platform.

But the smile on your face faded away.

Kageyama was by the door, not exactly blocking it but more like leaning in the wall near it. You cleared your throat, failing to swallow the tension around the room.

You walked to the door, despite how close you were with Kageyama, you didn't give him a single glace. Instead, a word. Or two.

"Move, please." You said as politely as you could.

Instead of obliging,

he kissed you.