interagated.

nate was brought to the police station for questioning. maddy was brought there as well. and just when you thought things couldn't get any fucking worse, they did.

cal is pretty aware of the fact that i've never been a fan of maddy. so in order to save his son's ass,he asked me to go down to the police station with him and nate. in hopes that i would have a way to get nate out of this. i was either thinking he wanted me to flirt with the cops so nate could get out of it or he just wanted me to tell them some random guy choked maddy. look,i don't know what he wanted from me but i just wish i didn't go.

i stepped into one of the many investigation rooms. me,nate,and cal all sat on one side of the table while two detectives sat on the other side. they basically just sat there just trying to get nate to confess to choking his girlfriend. but he stayed quiet and denied everything . i guess my sweatshirt was kind of leaning off my neck showing just a little bit of the bruising.

nate quickly made eye contact with me then looked down at my neck then back at my eyes. indicating for me to fix my sweatshirt. i guess one of the detectives caught onto it.

as soon as i fixed my sweatshirt,the detective stood up. "miss.gray please pull your hoodie down a little bit" he said. i didn't know what to do. so i froze. i turned my head to nate. "no don't look at him,please pull down your hoodie" the detective said. i was still frozen. "miss.gray i'm going to ask you one more time. and if you don't comply,we will have the hoodie removed" he threatened.

cal sat there staring at me. i shut my eyes then opened them,moving my hoodie slowly across my neck. the bruises started to become visible to everyone. nate looked at them. i could tell it pained him to see what he had done to me. but i was too busy thinking of how to get out of this.

"sweetheart,who did that to you?" cal asked. what a fucking idiot. i mean it's quite obvious that nate was the one who choked maddy. cal just had to pretend it wasn't cause he had to protect his son. but if nate did it to her and i had the same bruises,it was probably him who did it.

but i had to think of a plan. but then it came to me. tyler. i told you before,i don't fuck with rapists. tyler may not have been the one who choked me and maddy but he was going down for it.

"i-i don't know his name" i lied. "maddy made a big scene when they announced the chili cook off winners and her and nate did get in a little argument in between two trailers. but i followed them and made nate walk away to cool off. but me and her ended up walking around and shit. then this guy just was following us. he slammed both of us up against the trailer. he choked her then me. he was at mckay's party a few weeks ago. he raped maddy. and was trying to do it again. when she said no he got mad and choked her. when i tried to pry him off he let her go and choked me." i lied.

nate didn't flinch or looked shocked. because he knew i was gonna be there to save his ass and come up with a plan. so he just let me do it.

"why didn't you tell my sweetheart?" cal asked me. the detectives were very closely studying me and nate's body language. "i don't know,i-i was scared" i lied. i trying to play it off as the scared little girl who needs her dad. "is this true nate? you walked off when ashley told you to?" the detective asked. nate nodded his head.

we all left the police station shortly after. the ride home was literally dead silent. and when we got home cal found out nate was suspended from the football team and temporarily expelled from school.just until they could find the random guy i described who raped maddy and get him to confess. because until they got his confession,nate was still technically a suspect.