Chapter 7 - Bonding

Start from the beginning

"How did you come up with those elaborate and hilarious pranks?" Tim asked since at the moment before these pranks he was the prankster master. Dick shrunk in his seat before answering.

"Percy was the main mastermind. I helped with the technology part, what you three liked most, and what you three were like. She came up with everything else." The boys shocked to hear this turned to Percy who was on her phone smirking as she texted someone.

"What are you smirking about Jackson?" Damian demanded, Percy looked at him with that smirk before answering.

"My pranking friends found out about this pranking spree I was planning to do. So they made a bet with me that if I won they wouldn't pull a prank on anyone at the camp we go to during the summer for three weeks. But if they won I would help them with pranks for three weeks. And I won so no pranks at camp for three weeks." The brothers looked at each other wondering if they should ask what the bet was. Deciding that they should Tim spoke the question on their mind.

"What was the bet?" Percy smirked before answering him.

"Whether or not you could figure out I had a hand in it or not. I bet you couldn't figure it out until I told you, they bet that you would before I told you." Hearing this they groaned. Her friends thought that they would be able to figure out that she had a part in the pranks and they didn't. Even worse they were supposed to be detectives and they even failed at that. Bruce was even shocked that he didn't know what to say.

"So Percy what's this camp like?" Tim asked not wanting to dwell on how she fooled a house full of detectives even if one was helping her.

"It's amazing, I've been going since I was nine years old. That's how I know all of my friends and met my cousins on my dad's side. And if I'm being honest I prefer them over my father and his family." That caught their attention.

"Why's that?" Jason asked knowing what it's like to prefer certain people of your family over others.

"Because my dad is sorry I was ever born, has a wife and son already, prefers boys over girls, and is at this moment trying to marry me off. Not including how his wife and son think of me as a waste of space. Then there's my aunts, uncles, and cousins who want me dead but won't kill me because of who my father is." There was silence they had never heard of a family that messed up. Dick feeling angry at her family grabbed her hand and squeezed it comfortingly with a smile.

"Well, we're your family now. And we'll support you and do anything we can to keep you happy and close." Percy smiled at that but then there was a knock at the door. Percy along with everyone else got up and went to the door. When Percy opened it there stood two identical boys but one was slightly taller.

"What are you two doing here?" Percy demanded confusing the Wayne's even more.

"We want to" the shorter one started.

"Know how you kept-" the taller one continued.

"It a secret that you pranked them." They finished together creeping the Waynes out. Percy simply raised an eyebrow with her troublemaker smirk.

"Is it that hard to believe after I creamed your cabin plus others in the prank war at camp? And made your cabin despise the color pink?" At the mention of the prank involving pink the boys shivered while glaring at Percy.

"Fine, you win. When you get to camp we will begin the three-week no-pranking agreement." The taller one said making Percy grin.

"Good now go home, I'm sure some people are wondering where you are. And one more thing if you tell a dead living nonexistent or existent thing about my skin color in any way shape or form I will pull the pink prank but make it even worse." They paled and nodded then ran off. Percy turned and looked at the Waynes after closing the door.

"What did you do to make a cabin of people despise the color pink?" Tim asked Percy snickered before answering.

"I did a more elaborate and complicated version of what Dick did to me." Tim nodded not wanting to know how she did it because he had a feeling she would rather do a demonstration than tell him. Hours later everyone was relaxing and laughing over the events of the day minus Bruce. Who was trying to find out more about the camp Percy goes to.

"Wait wait, you're telling me that you can beat anyone in hand-to-hand combat?" Jason said clarifying what Percy had just said from the truth or dare game they were playing. She smirked and nodded. "That is something I want to see." He said with an interested spark in his eyes. Percy simply leaned back with a relaxed smile.

"Alright, we can do it whenever you want. But first, let me get my skin back to its natural tone." Jason agreed and he could tell everyone wanted to see her skills.

"Tt how do you know hand-to-hand combat?" Damian demanded Percy looked at him for a long time before speaking. There was no trace of teasing, joking, or sarcasm in her voice, it was completely serious.

"My father's side of the family has many enemies. They know how to go unnoticed by the police and heroes. And since they can't get back at my father and his siblings they go after their offspring. So me and my cousins are always on guard and know how to defend ourselves. They're the reason I have been kicked out of so many schools, how I was accused of being a terrorist, and why I keep getting kidnapped. They know how to make it look like it's my fault." They were quiet for a while. Damian was thinking back on what he found about her in her file.

"Anyways how do you know how to do hand-to-hand combat, Jason?" Jason was caught off guard but answered her question.

"Before Bruce adopted me I was a street kid here in Gotham. My parents were dead so I learned how to defend and fend for myself." She nodded in understanding. Percy then yawned and said she was going to bed for the night. When she left the boys turned to Bruce.

"So what should we do Bruce? Her family on her father's side sounds awful and there's no way to help her with the enemies of her family if what she said is true." Dick said voicing their thoughts. Bruce seemed to be in deep thought before answering.

"We'll see where she is at combative-wise and then go from there." They nodded before going to bed tired from the day and the full meal Alfred had made for them. They decided that they wouldn't go on patrol since they needed to keep Percy from the truth as much as possible. So if she would start to notice them going out every night would mean it wouldn't be long until she figured it out.

But they only got a few hours of sleep when they heard a crash. They rushed to the origins to find it was Percy's room. Dick, Tim, Jason, and Bruce were a little hesitant about going in with what happened earlier but went in after deciding the danger she could be in out weight the anger she would be in if they barged into her room.

When they got to the door and tried to open it though they couldn't. They pressed their ears to the door and heard Percy breathing and sobbing. Dick barged in with everyone behind him to find Percy tossing and turning tears streaming down her cheeks. Dick hurried over and sat on the bed but didn't touch her right away.