Chapter 6

This is the longest chapter I've ever written in my life, 5700 words. I just couldn't finish it without a satisfying ending+ Toph finally came along.

It is gonna be a rollercoaster of emotions and a lot of hurt-comfort, but the ending would be worth it (or at least that's how I feel about it).

TW: slut shaming, swearing, a bit of blood at the end.

Master Pakku went back to his tent, with mind clouded by what he just saw and out of curiosity went through his scrolls, noticing that 4 of them were missing.

The next day, Sokka woke up with his eyes feeling heavy, everything seemed foggy around him. Ugh, he hated mornings. The warrior took the blanket off him and tried to put on his nice boots when he noticed that they have a rip where his big finger is supposed to go. He groaned in frustration and slipped another pair of socks on, then put the ripped shoes on and did his morning routine, before putting on his winter coat on and walking not fully awake.

He was planning on visiting the old man that was known for fixing shoes, but he heard some soldiers talking.

Sokka rubbed his eyes, hiding behind a thick wooden pillar, listening to their voices.

—Did you hear about it?

The taller one said with a grin, Sokka hated the soldiers' arrogance, the way they acted like they are superior just because they could go to fight in the war and he couldn’t just felt like a slap on the face. When they first left, he was too young, but the second time they left, Sokka broke his arm and had to stay home, his poor sister having to take care of him.

—About what? The other one said, imitating his friend’s position and expression, knowing that there is gonna be some good gossip.

—The chief’s daughter.

Sokka widen his eyes, struggling to keep his breathing quiet, trying to obtain as much information as possible and to possibly debunk any sort of rumour.

—Oh yeah, she’s really hot, but also really bitchy, I even complimented her once and she didn’t even glance at me.

The warrior bit softly on his hand, trying to calm himself down. Yes, his sister was annoying, but she went through so much, she was the only one that was there for him, the only one that accepted all of his annoying phases and his teasing. How dare they call her “bitchy”? He felt his blood boiling.

The other one nodded understanding.

—I heard she’s fucking the avatar.

“Alright, that’s it” Sokka thought and finally made himself seem, glaring at the two, that looked surprised.

—S-Sokka, we’re really sorry-

They tried sugar coating it with a nervous smile, but the warrior was forcing himself not to punch them for just two reasons: first here are two of them and the second reason, Hakoda will be disappointed in him; although his dad always encouraged Sokka to take care and protect his sister. The tanned man remembered his father’s words when he was only 10 years old and Hakoda was grieving their mother, “Protect her like I wasn’t able to protect your mom”. It was a lot of weight on his shoulders and knew that the chief didn’t think about it, because it was just an emotional outburst, but Sokka could never forget his words.

—If I hear you talk about my sister one more time..

He growled at them, glaring not waiting for any excuse and went to the old man to fix his shoes.

***
Katara struggled to fall asleep and had a hard time waking up. When she finally got out of her tent, people were giving her dirty looks. She was confused and looked down into some snow, bending it into shiny ice to see if she had messy hair or something in her teeth, she looked fine, with her traditional water tribe clothes and a heavy and warm blue fur coat, that all women had.