Instead of getting pissed off Vladamir laughed louder before releasing me. "Perhaps this will not be so bad after all."

"Don't do that again!" I told him as I sat up and moved away from him. "You have issues, you need to get some help."

Vladamir sat back down on the other sofa. "I have a proposal for you."

"I don't care." I snapped at him. "Just get out of my house."

"It is either that or I kill you, your choice." Vladamir told me with a shrug.

Never mind, I do care.

"What is it?" I hesitantly asked.

"I shall find out if we can fix that thing." He said as he pointed at my neck. "If we cannot, then I will let you live your life for 80 years and then I will kill you."

I opened my mouth to talk but he raised his hand up. "You are no longer a human anymore, your body will start to change soon. You will become immortal and can live on forever. I do not want you to live on forever, I do not want to have a mate. So I will allow you to live your life for another 80 years- more longer than your human life and then I will kill you and I shall be free of the mate bond."

I stared at him as I tried to process what he was saying. I wasn't human anymore? I was immortal? I knew this would happen as it happened to Nina but for some reason I completely forgot about it.

What would happen to my parents and family? I couldn't be around them if I was going to become immortal and not age. How much time do I have with them before I had leave? What would I say to them?

"What about my family?" I whispered, thinking about how my parents would feel if I just disappeared one day. "How will I explain this to them?"

"Your family will be dead in 80 years' time, it does not matter."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "What about now though? I can't be around them if I'm not going to age."

"That does not concern me."

Right, because you don't give a shit about anyone but yourself.

"Fine, I agree to your stupid deal. Can you leave now?"

He raised his finger up. "One more thing. We will not act as mates, we will live separate lives."

I didn't respond and he got the hint, standing up to leave. "I will send someone over to fix your door."

I gave him a quick glance before looking away. I heard him leave and didn't move from my seat as I sat there trying to process everything.

I messed up big time, there was no way around this. Even though Vladamir said he would try to fix our situation I knew it wouldn't be possible, if it was he would have done it already. Instead we're linked to each other until one of us dies- if one of us dies.

I guess I should be grateful he hasn't killed me yet, I know he must be thinking about it and for him that is the easiest and quickest option. For now, I had to stay away from him and figure out what I was going to do about my family.

I felt my heart clench at the thought of leaving my parents and never seeing them again. I know people have a lot of issues with their parents or they don't get along but I loved my parents and we've never had any problems- other than me messing around in secondary school and getting detentions.

I have a good healthy relationship with them both and they gave me everything they could, how could I just leave them?

It's okay, I had time before that happened. I could make this work somehow, I had to.

@=#~=~#=@

True to his word, Vladamir sent someone over to fix the door. Hopefully, my landlord didn't notice that the door is completely different to the one he installed.

I spent the day sitting in front of the telly and feeling sorry for myself. I couldn't believe what had happened, what we did last night and the devasting consequences of our actions. It was bad enough that I had sex with Vladamir but to be mated to him?

Why didn't I stop him? I could barely remember the night clearly but from what I could remember, I encouraged him, not that he needed much encouragement.

I was such a dumb bitch when I was horny.

I had to stop being so pessimistic and think about the positives, which seemed to elude me at this moment.

The sound of my phone vibrating pulled me out of my thoughts, I looked down to see my phone a message from Ayesha asking if I would be joining her and Keisha tonight. I thought about cancelling but decided I couldn't keep moping about this situation, it can't be undone and all I could do now is continue as normal plus I hadn't seen them in a couple of months and it would be nice to catch up.

I met Ayesha and Keisha three years ago during freshers week, they were on my Business course and we got along so well. Ayesha and Keisha ended up getting a flat together during the second year of university and I would have joined them if I wasn't living with Nina.

Now that we've got our undergraduate degree, Ayesha and Keisha were doing an 18-month postgraduate degree while I tried to figure out what I was going to do with my life. I didn't want to go back to uni and do another course so that meant I needed to find a job but even with a degree the options weren't that great.

Sending Ayesha a reply that I would meet her in Sainsbury, I peeled myself off the sofa and slowly got ready. My outfit from the morning was fine but I did need to brush my hair and put some make up, no need to scare random members of the public.

Once I was done and satisfied with how I looked, I grabbed my car keys and bag and headed out the door, stopping when I almost tripped over something.

My gaze fell down to the medium sized black box in front of my foot.

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: Early update! I was going to upload this next week but I thought I'll upload it a bit earlier for you guys. I will be uploading again next week. 

I hope you guys liked this chapter!

Let me know what you think of the story so far :) 

If you want to read ahead you can do on www.patreon.com/kayy_b

Thank you to everyone who reads, comments and votes. I really appreciate your support! 

-Kayy xx