The life of a demigod part 3

She looked at me as if waiting for me to speak so I said the first thing that flew into my mind. "Uh, what's that?"

Now she just looked exasperated. "You really don't know?"

"Obviously not."

" A demigod is technically the son or daughter of one of the greek gods but has come to also mean one of his or her grandchildren."

"So you're saying that one of my parents is a god?" I said, now seriously questioning her sanity.

"Actualy in your case a grandparent."

"But I've met all of my grandparents except one who's dead and they all seem pretty human to me."

"Your family had to tell everybody that your grandfather was dead. They couldn't exactly walk around saying that he was a god. No one would have believed them." she said now looking at me like I was a half-wit.

"Okay. So we'll pretend he was a god. What does that have to do with me?"

"You have been summoned to Olympus. And don't even bother asking why. One of our instructors will explain everything to you once we get there."

I was in a limo, on a highway, with a certifiably insane girl. Great.

"Soooo, how exactly are we gonna get to 'Olympus'?" I asked, just wanting to know what was happening next.

"There are two portals to Olympus in the US. One in Washington, D.C. and one in Colorado Springs. Obviously we're closer to D.C. so that's where we're going. Once we get there we'll go to the headquarters of the Smithsonian. On one of the two towers on the north side, there's a brick that opens up the portal when pushed by a demigod."

"Okay then." I replied, wondering what she was gonna do when we got there and pressed her magic brick button thing and nothing happened. Whatever. I'd find that out later. For now, all I could do was sit and wait for us to arrive on D.C.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I must've dozed off because next thing I knew, I was being shaken awake again. I looked out of the window and saw the beautiful city. All my life I had loved cities but rarely was able to visit them and was a little excited about finaly seeing our capital. I had wanted to come to this particular city for as long as I could remember because I was also a bit of a history junkie and this place was packed with it. We pulled up to what I recognized as the original building for the Smithsonian and our driver let the two of us out.

"Who was the guy who drove us here?" I inquired.

" We hired him to get us here because neither of us is sixteen yet. He thinks that we are some rich kids who were visiting family in PA and are gonna meet our mom here."

"Couldn't your 'gods' just like use the wind to fly us here or something?"

"Technicaly yes but they have more important things to deal with than transporting two kids. Now hurry up. We need to get you up there. "

"Up there being Olympus?"

"Duh"

"Fine." I sighed and quickly walked with her to the left tower. On one of the bricks about five feet off the ground, there was engraved a small lightning bolt. "Why is that the symbol?" I asked.

"Because the portal is really a kind of magical wind tunnel through the sky. It's in Zeus's domain and he was the one who constructed all of the portals so he gets to have his symbol on their markers." with that Brooke reached forward.......and pressed the on the brick.

Please remember to tell me what you think!!!