Big Brother

The day went on as normal for Harry. First class was Maths. He absolutely hated Maths. He took his seat in the back of the classroom away from everyone else. He figured he was the safer there. No one would really pay attention to him because he couldn't be seen. He liked it that way. He sat through his Maths class with his head tucked down, avoiding eye contact with anyone. He thought that if he didn't look at them, then they couldn't judge him or see the hurt that was built up in his eyes. 

As soon as the bell rang for the next period, Harry gathered his books and shoved them into his bag. He went to stand up and grab his bag to throw it over his shoulder, but it wouldn't move. Harry looked down to see that it was caught on something. One of his oh so glorious classmates had zip-tied his bag to his desk. Harry was used to antics like these, so he tended to be prepared. He pulled out a pair of scissors from his bag and cut the tie.

 "Aww look the fag was prepared today" a cold voice shot above his head.

 Harry knew that voice all too well. It was one of his everyday bullies, Zack Rodriquez. Zack was just a little taller than Harry. He had jet black hair and piercing green eyes. So Zack was on his college's wrestling team. Harry didn't know why this kid was always out to get him. He figured it was obvious; he was gay. That is the main reason everyone else picked on him.

 "Leave me alone Zack" Harry snapped back. 

"Oh look, someone grew a pair while they were in the crazy bin."

 "Go to hell Zack, just leave me alone." Harry snipped the tie as fast he could and threw his bag over his shoulder. The next thing Harry knew, he was pinned up against the wall. Harry knew what was coming. He knew he shouldn't have said anything to Zack. 

"Oh, so you think you're tough now, Styles? Let's just see how tough you are," Zack snarled just centimeters from Harry's face.

 Harry threw up his hands to block his face. Zack just laughed before kneeing him in the groin. Harry fell forward with intense pain shooting up his stomach. Zack continues to beat on Harry for at least another good solid minute, kicking him and punching him in the face. Zack stopped.

"I guess you're not as tough as you thought styles." Zack laughed and walked out of the room. 

Harry just wanted to lay there on the cold hard ground with blood trickling from his mouth and nose, but he knew he couldn't. He had to get to his next class. He stood up slowly, his whole body hurting. People were now starting to enter the classroom and he knew he had to escape before anyone could see his bloody face. 

He left the room with his head down and ran as almost as he could to the closest toilet. He stopped. Placed his hands on both sides of the sink and looked up into the mirror. He had blood pouring from his nose, his lip was split, and what looked like a black eye starting to form. 

Harry grabbed a towel from the dispenser, wet it, and wiped the blood from his face. He turned around, placed his back against the sink, and slid down. He wanted to go to his next class, it was music, but he didn't want Zack to be waiting for him again. He was torn between hiding in the bathroom all day and going out and facing a school full of bullies. He sighed heavily, placing his head in his hands. 

"Mate, you okay" a gentle voice called out in front of him. Harry recognized the voice. He looked up to see the boy from earlier that morning. 

"Umm, yeah mate I am fine." Harry was embarrassed. Now he was on the floor again, for the second time in front of this beautiful boy. Harry stood up, grabbed his bag, threw it over his shoulder, and ran out.

 "Wait, wait!" Louis called after Harry. By the time Louis was able to get into the hallway, the curly-headed boy was nowhere in sight. 

Harry ran as almost as he could, trying to avoid the groups of people in the hallway. He ran straight into the classroom. The only place in the school where he found peace, Mr. Russel's advanced music class. Harry was about five minutes late so he snuck in and placed his bad in the back and found a spot on the risers. 

"Nice of you to join us today Mr. Styles" the voice bellowed from over the top of the piano. "Since you insist on not getting here on time, would you like to go first on playing your piece?" 

Harry nodded and stepped off the risers and sat at the black grand piano. He normally wasn't nervous, but for some reason he was. Maybe it was from the beating that just occurred or ran into the blue-eyed boy in the toilet. Either way, Harry wasn't sure; the only thing that he was sure of that he was nervous. He sat there, placed his hand over the black and white keys, and froze.

" Any day, Harry; you've already kept us waiting long enough." 

Harry started playing, it was magical. He played with all his emotions. The piece was something that he had written himself. He could hear the sorrow and hurt in the piece mixed with anger. Harry continued to play the piece for well over three minutes. Once he finished he stood up and walked back to his place on the risers without a single word. The class looked stunned; They had never heard anything so majestic before. They all stood up and gave harry a standing ovation. For the second time today, Harry had an actual smile on his face. He felt like he belonged, he felt at peace.

" Very good Styles, I think that can excuse your tardiness."

 Harry just smile and nodded. 

Harry sat through the rest of the class listening to each student play their pieces. He got lost in the tunes and almost didn't realize that the bell for the next class had rung. He grabbed his bag, threw it over his shoulder, and went to his next class. 

He went the rest of the day without any more trouble from Zack or the rest of the bullies. He was surprised. He was sure he've at least received his normal torment at lunch when Zack would come up to him and knock his lunch tray out of his hand, but for once he was able to each lunch in solitude.

 The final bell for the day had rung. Harry was feeling nervous, he wanted to just go home and escape back into the music of his iPod while lying on his bed, but he promised Miss Teasdale that he would go to the Big Brother meeting. 

He walked slowly through the corridors with his head down to the library where he was supposed to meet his Brother. Harry placed his hand on the door to the library with hesitation. What if this guy hates me? What if he is another who turns out to be a bully? What if he beats me up too? All the what-ifs kept running through his head.

 He opened the door and saw about twenty people in the library, all conversing with each other. He saw one person in particular who was sitting by themselves. He's like him. It was Louis, the blue-eyed boy from this morning and from the toilet. He didn't know if he should approach him or not, so he just stood there at the door, looking like a lost puppy. 

The boy spotted Harry and made his way over to him.

" Harry, right?"

 Harry nodded and looked at the ground.

" I'm Louis Tomlinson. Miss Teasdale has assigned me to be your Big Brother. "

Harry looked up at him." Nice to meet you" he responded shyly. "So umm, what now?"

"I was thinking we could go out to the field and play some football if you like."

"I'm pretty shit at it, but I can give it a try," Harry laughed.

"That's alright, mate. We just want to kick it around and have a chat then." 

Harry nodded and followed the boy to the field. Harry didn't know why but he felt safe around him. He felt that maybe for once, he might actually be able to have a friend.