I opened my bedroom door and looked down. There was a paper folded neatly. Just as I was about to pick it up, I heard the front door close. I sighed sadly, she left really early today. 'maybe she just wanted to ignore me.'  I thought. I wish I knew how wrong I was.

I read the note over and over again. This can't be happening! “ No...no... Lily!” I shouted but nobody answered. She can't leave me . I knew my words had hurt her but I didn't mean any of it. I was just angry. I remembered she just left a few minutes ago. She couldn't have possibly gone far.

I couldn't find her. She's gone, she's really gone. All these years, I treated her like a slave because of her mother's mistakes. She was innocent. I'm the worst father! All she ever did was love and take care of me and I took her for granted. Now that I think of it, she treated me like a child when she was the one supposed to be treated like a princess. I couldn't even comfort her whenever she was sick. She never asked for much, she only wanted my love a-and I couldn't give it to her. How is she going to survive out there? This world was too cruel for an innocent girl like her.

(Lily's room)

I went back home and sat on her bed

I went back home and sat on her bed. Everything was in it's place. Didn't she take anything? Her study table was filled with books  but something caught my attention. There was a picture in between one of the books. It was a picture of me. Behind it was written 'love you dad'. How could she love someone like me after what I did? Honestly if my parents treated me badly I would have hated them.

I'm going to find my daughter and be the best father. I don't care how long it takes to find her. I know a good friend of mine who could help me find her.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. I thought it was Lily but to my disappointment, it was the Knight triplets . Their father and I were really good friends. I welcomed them in and learnt they were also looking for Lily. “Why are you looking for her?” I asked them suspiciously. Taylor sighed and said, “  We were her bullies and yesterday we-we went too far. We wanted to make it up to her today but she's missing.” They looked at me waiting for me to be angry but I wasn't. I had no right to be angry. I also abused her like they did. I caused her more pain than they did.

I know I looked weak when I fell on my knees but I didn't care . “ I've also been abusing her. I-i never realized how precious my daughter means until she r-ran away...” I was cut off when they growled. “ What do you mean she ran away?” Aaron asked angrily but you could also hear the sadness in his voice. I showed them the note she left. 

There was an deafening silence. “ What we did was wrong but we're going to make it up to her. We will find her we'll make everything right. ” That was the first time joshua spoke since he came here. “ Mr Jones, we're going to let you stay in one of our penthouses for protection...besides you're going to be our father-in-law when Lily comes back.” It took me a few seconds to register what Aaron had said . When I joined the dots, my fatherly instincts kicked in. Before I could say anything he cut me off, “ We are going to marry Lily when she comes back, with or without your permission... and god help you if you try to separate us!”