Starting work

"Well this is the place." Seb pulled up in the car park, not even bothering to actually park in a space. "I've got to drop you here and then leave the car park, they want to film me arriving in the car."

"So you've got to leave and then come back again?" She looked quite bemused as she put her hand on the handle, ready to open the door.

"I know it sounds silly but it's for the YouTube and social media channels."

"Oh, I get it. And they don't want me visible in the car in case it looks like you're turning up with your Mrs in tow."

He grinned, leaving his hand resting casually on the top of the steering wheel while three people were visible from the car, all of them hovering around with small Go-Pro cameras mounted on selfie sticks. "They know you're not my wife, not unless she's dyed her hair black. I know it looks silly, it's not my favourite thing either, I'm not a big fan of being in front of the camera, I'd rather be behind it."

"Seriously?" She rose one brow sceptically. "You're one of the most famous Formula One drivers ever and you don't like being on camera? Yet when you're at a race you probably spend most of your weekend with a camera filming you or taking photos. You even have cameras on the car."

"Trust me, I'm much happier in the car racing than I am dealing with the media but over the years I've accepted that you can't have one thing without the other and F1 wouldn't survive without it's media coverage."

She opened the passenger side door and hopped out, taking her bag with her. "Well I'll just be inside watching you make a hash up of parking."

He was about to jokingly tell her to fuck off and that there was nothing wrong with his parking skills but she shut the door before he had the chance. He watched her being greeted by a man who he knew was probably going to be his lead engineer for this year, noticing how she flashed him a smile, tilted her head to one side and then played with her hair. Was she flirting with him? Remembering that he had a job to do, he reversed the car and turned around. As he left the car park he thought about Aleksandra again; she'd had a few days back in the Netherlands to pack and then flown back to Switzerland where she'd begun to move into the second house he owned and used for his for PT to stay in. Antti had stayed for a couple of days more, just to ensure that every last bit of information had been handed over and then left to fly back to his pregnant wife and Seb had had a small amount of time to try and get to know Aleksandra. It was proving difficult; while she was happy to chat when they were 'working', she'd clam up or just change the subject back to training and fitness if he tried to ask her anything personal. It felt like she had something to hide and he hoped that she'd open up to him as the weeks passed - her contract was only for six months at this stage and if they couldn't form some kind of deeper relationship then he'd have to look for someone else to replace her.

Entering the building so they didn't get caught 'on film', Aleksandra found herself eyeing Chris. He was a tall thirty-something with an almost shaven head of hair, grey eyes and very muscular and as she caught a glimpse of gold on his left hand it appeared that he was also married. Chris had introduced himself as Seb's race engineer so it looked they'd be seeing quite a bit of each other. Even though she knew that she shouldn't, she was already tempted but knew that seducing Chris would inevitably lead to the end of her career if she treated him the same way as the other married guys she'd slept with.

Chris took one small step away from her side; the way she was looking at him was somewhat unnerving, it was almost as though she was a lion sizing up her prey. Already she came across as someone who could be quite dominating and was one of those people who went for what they wanted and usually got it. Trying to give her a hint that he was married, he lifted his left hand and swept it over his head, trying to show off his wedding ring. While he wasn't available to be her next meal, there were a few single guys in the team who he knew would be falling over themselves to bag someone as beautiful as her - even though he had a feeling that she'd eat them for breakfast. Watching as Seb re-appeared into the car park, Chris tried to make small talk and steer her focus back to her driver. "Everyone here is so excited to be meeting Seb today Alex."