It makes her wonder... why couldn't she calm down earlier?

Alia frowns as forbidden memories suddenly try to push their way to the forefront of her mind.

No, she shakes her head. Not —

Four faces flash forward.

Screwing her eyes shut, she tries to think of something - anything else to get rid of their haunting smiles. Her hands and knees find themselves dropping to the grass and her fingers roughly grip the uneven blades.

Harsh breaths are forced through clenched teeth whilst she tries to clear her mind, and her cheeks begin to flush in embarrassment. Ever since coming to this pack just over a week ago, Alia has found herself to be the centre of attention more times than she would like.

She can't go through it again.

The descent of the sun has helped hide her kneeling form from peering gazes, and the soft lights from the stone houses to her right are spaced far enough apart that she sits away from the crossfire. But, if any of the occupants were to look outside their windows, they would spot her darkened form within seconds.

She has to leave.

Pushing herself off the ground, Alia forces herself to shake away her thoughts and run home. The possibility of humiliation has enough adrenaline pumping through her arteries that it considerably numbs her aching muscles. She's had enough of people judging her in times of unwanted vulnerability.

Running a hand down her face whilst she runs, Alia notices the dampness of her skin and outstretches her hand with furrowed eyebrows. Golden light from the houses she races past reflect off of the small beads of moisture on her palm. With a small shake of her head, she wipes the palm against her clothed thigh and regains her focus on getting home.

After almost ten minutes, Alia has her house door unlocked and pushed open. She slams it closed and leans against it, finally succumbing to her mind.

Located in the centre of Veuross, the Gamma's local office is on the top floor of a four-storey building

Located in the centre of Veuross, the Gamma's local office is on the top floor of a four-storey building. The brown bricks covering the exterior make the structure blend in with its environment: brown bricked buildings. It's a stark contrast to the dark grey, stone houses in the residential areas of town.

Liam raises his right fist and knocks twice on a dark oak door that has a gold, rectangular metal plate containing the engraved title 'GAMMA'.

"Come in."

At his Gamma's response, he opens the door and walks into the office. Christian sits behind a large desk that matches the dark oak of the door. Two sizeable windows adorn the back wall of the office and the blinds are raised entirely, allowing for the sight of the starless sky. A tall lamp illuminates the back left corner of the room with a soft glow. The remaining three corners are completely black, darkened by the absence of the warm sun. He pays it no mind for he knows that bright lights bring his Gamma headaches.