08

I told the stars

about you.

"Your Majesties the princess has awoken!"

"Athy baby are you alright can you see me?" Worried Calliope "waa...WAHHH" Athy turned on her side clenching her hands off the fabric of her dress, tears pooled down her face as she continued to cry "It hurts!" Calliope quickly sat down on the edge of the bed and gently stroked the blonde's hair "what should we do your majesty!?" both the redhead knight and the curly-haired empress turned to look at Claude for answers neither of the two really understood what was wrong with Athy "what do you think you're doing? I told you to heal her" the magician flinched he got on his hands and knees his head almost touching the floor as to avoid the gaze of the Emporer "What on earth did you do to make her condition worse?" continued Claude 

"I beg your pardon your majesty but the princess's condition has not worsened, it is only because she is conscious now that she is feeling pain, there isn't anything we can do when her mana is leaping to and fro inside her body like this..."

"So I told you to find a solution, and yet you don't have the decency to be ashamed of your incompetence."

"I b-beg your forgiveness your majesty, but I am the knowledgable among the royal magicians when it comes to mana abnormalities, its unlikely another magician will be of help to the princess at this stage."

"Do you wish to die" asked Claude causing the magical to let out a quiet gasp, Athy's sniffles filled the silence for a moment "You have an intricate way of asking to be killed, lock him in the dungeon, and bring another magician" two guards grabbed the man each lifting him up by one of his arms "Claude is that not too much of a punishment?" questioned Calliope softly she felt bad watching the magician plea for his life "if you wish to live, try harder with that pea brain of yours. if you continue saying the same useless things, I'll start cutting off your limbs one by one before I chop your head off" Claude approached the bed where Athy laid in "I-It hurts, Papa its hurts" she cried "You're too noisy. go to sleep" he laid his hand over the girl's eyes allowing her to drift into a dream.

.

.

.

"Woah its mom again," thought Athy watching the slightly younger version of her mother the empress didn't age during her slumber meaning that the version Athy was seeing was most likely only a few months younger, Calliope seemed to become prettier and prettier every time Athy saw her, the dress she wore was simple the top was white while the bottom of the dress was a dark green her curly brown hair had been tied back with a green bow that seemed to match the bottom of her dress, the sound of footsteps caused Athy to pause her thinking, a man came into her line of vision it was none other than her father Claude.

"why do you do this to me?" he cupped Calliope's face into his hands harshly forcing her to stare into his blue gem eyes "you keep controlling me with your vixen ways" he continued glaring at his wife harshly, to be honest, it slightly scared sometimes she simply could not bear his harsh gaze "Claude..." she tried to comfort him "you could have waited till you were healthier don't you understand this is dangerous" he chided "your so naive and sweet it kills me" he dropped his hands from her face showing no intentions of moving from where he stood "I won't ever leave you, Claude."

.

.

.

"You're finally awake you must think your some kind of sleeping beauty like your mother."

Athy stared up at the man with long raven hair silently before closing her eyes and pretending to sleep "oh and now you're even pretending to sleep" he pointed out "should I fetch a prince from abroad? which country would you prefer? Arlanta? Huale? Sycansia?" he teased causing great annoyance to the princess, she sat up confused giving her hand a short confused glance "you owe me your life." he stated leaning back into his chair "did you fix me, mister?" she asked "yeah your heart would have exploded and killed you if it wasn't for me"

"How did you know I was sick..? are you here to try and steal raven again?"

"you've got some trust issues I told you I wouldn't eat him."

"Of course it's tempting to do so, but I gave you my word, so I won't. actually, you should be grateful I stopped your dad from killing raven" Athy stared at him in utter confusion why would Claude want to kill an innocent creature...nevermind she could think of a few reasons "It was so hard to stop myself from eating it" his eyes seemed to glow a bright red causing the princess to slightly freak out, the door opened to reveal Felix, Claude, and Calliope "Princess!" "Darling!"
Claude seemed to still have no reaction as he entered the room, unlike the other two "Mommy Daddy!" Athy quickly got off the bed and began running towards the trio causing her to trip and fall Claude easily caught the girl before she was able to fall and injure herself he lifted her up into his arms "are you still feeling sick?" he asked the little blonde princess shook her head no as her father seemed to scan her for a short moment "there won't be any side effects?" questioned Claude looking towards where the raven-haired man once sat "daddy that man!" exclaimed Athy pointing in fear towards the now heavily coughing boy, Calliope quickly made her way over to the small child "are you alright" she questioned lowering herself to be at an eye level with the boy "ah it seems I may have used up almost all my power to heal the princess."

"Certainly you deserve praise for your good work, of course, that will come after the princess is fully recovered" the small boy seemed to sparkle almost near tears "I beg your pardon your majesty but the princess is still not fully healed" he spoke, "What do you mean she's not fully healed?" asked Claude "I beg your forgiveness but I am still but a boy in training I was not able to stabilize the princesses mana completely." he explained "but the worse has passed, so her mana will slowly be returning to its place now..Kegh" Calliope quickly held the boy up making sure he wouldn't fall over and hurt himself "This may happen a few more times in the, kegh, future, but I'll make sure that when that happens...I will sacrifice my body to help the prince...uhp kegh!"

"My love I think it's best if he rests first and explains later the poor boy has already done so much" 

"Very well"

Calliope Held the boy's hand as she escorted him outside the room, she began leading the boy towards a room where he could rest "you're a descendent, uhp, of a siren are you not?" he blurted out "uh possibly my father liked to talk about how we descended from the winged creatures" she replied slightly confused how could he tell, she didn't have magic and it's not like she had any wings or siren-like features "I can sense siren mana raiding off of you" he continued as the two reached the room Calliope was left with multiple questions.

A/n: the sirens in this world are based on greek mythology and the fish kind are simply legends that do not exist in the world you can search them up on google if you don't know what they look like.