14

. . . to the arms
Of her angel . . .

Angel or demon

Angel or demon . . .
Still, he calls her . . .
Luring her back, from the grave... 

"Hmm, what did you find?" the young boy she held in her arms  marveled at the many stalls of food and desserts "Chocolate for apple!" he exclaimed raising his hands up into the air before pointing towards the stall selling boxed chocolate of various different flavorings from different kingdoms around the world, the point of the duo's trip was to buy Athanasia a birthday gift for her fourteenth birthday "I'm sure she'll love it" Calliope bought the box and handed it towards the toddler who insisted on carrying the gift, the other people passing by them didn't seem to recognize the two as the mother-son duo wore dark cloaks to hide their identity and calliope made sure to keep Dhanvanthri's eyes out of sight for his own protection, they did have two guards following them but Calliope preferred for them to stay hidden so they could be able to shop in peace like normal people, as they were passing through towards the shops someone rushed passed Calliope causing her to lose her balance but before she could hit the floor a pair of arms caught her "are you alright?" the stranger removed the hood of his cloak allowing her to see him better he looked extremely familiar but she couldn't seem to figure out how even his voice felt like a past memory, his dark hair matched his black eyes that seemed to bore into her own brown ones "Ah- yes thank you" she took a slight step back causing the man to move his arm away from her waist, a small hand grabbed onto her dress as the toddler couldn't hold his mother's hand as she was already busy carrying a large box containing Athy's gift, he sent a glare towards the man in hopes he'd go away "It's no problem people should watch where they walk especially around a beautiful woman like yourself" the smirk that graced the mans face only caused the two-year-old to grow angry as he puffed his cheeks out intending to be intimidating but only to look like an angry chipmunk "Have we met before?" she questioned causing him to let out a chuckle "I believe so, forgive me for not introducing myself I am Viscount Patterson" the familiar name caused the curly-haired woman's eyes to widen at the possibility of the Viscount being- "But I believe Calliope that you might remember me as Patt" and in the few seconds Calliope had looked away the man had already left leaving that familiar red rose on top of the pink present for her daughter as the Empress turned around to search for where the Viscount had gone she could see only the top of his cloks hood slowly dissapearing in the crowd. 

.

.

.

"Happy Birthday Princess!"

Ces, Hannah, Lilly, Felix, Dhanvanthri, Calliope, and an emotionless Claude sat on two different sofas beside Athanasia congratulating the girl on her fourteenth birthday, all the gifts that they had gotten her laid on the table seeing how they had all shown up and they're words of love brought warmth to the girl as she smiled like the sun itself because now she was the sun no longer was Athanasia's beauty hidden behind another she had everything she'd ever need love family riches and cake.

"this one was specially prepared for today" chirped Lily setting the cake on the table so it could be sliced for the group to eat "Hannah and Lilian helped make it princess" pointed out Ces praising her two friends "Ces did the decorating!" Beamed Hannah.

The small party was already over and everyone but Lily and Calliope had left Athanasia so she could get some sleep, Calliope watched happily as Lily spoke loving words to Athy it was nice knowing that Athanasia had another caring mother figure "You are a precious gift not only to me but everyone in the Obelian" she whispered kissing the top of the girls head "to all of us you are someone very special" as Lily left Calliope sat at the edge of her daughter's bed and gave her a kiss to the cheek "Happy Birthday darling" Calliope handed her daughter a small white box containing a small gift she had gotten for the girl "what is it?" Questioned Athy "Something for you to wear at your Debutante" replied Calliope brushing a piece of her daughter's blonde locks out of her eyes before leaving, Athy was left staring at her window with a sad smile her father had shown up to her birthday even if he had been mostly silent but she enjoyed it, for the first few years after having Calliope back he still refused to celebrate the girls birthday with her due to his sadness and Athy could understand even if he had Calliope back it was still a sad day for him one of drinking and loneliness he still wasn't sure how to move on from that shocking day where he lost the sun but now he had gained three, Athanasia, Dhanvanthri, and Calliope
the three people who brightened up his world by just smiling.

"Are you sure that the Bracelet will work?"

"If it doesn't I might have to consider a different career path your Highness"

"May I ask why are you so worried"

"It's a mothers job to worry,
and the feeling of darkness lurking in what is meant to be the sun is frightening"

"Don't worry the bracelet is powerful white magic,
 it should protect her from any harm but only for a time"

Any mistakes in writing is me being too lazy to check
sorry for updating so late I had troubles with my internet