Chapter 20 | Unbelievable

Start from the beginning

...Shut up. Disgusting...

     - Her fucking ass moving, man. And she had this long, pink hair that-

     - Shut the fuck up.

I hadn't realized that my voice sounded so loud everyone around us turned to look at us, but I didn't give a fuck. What I gave a fuck about was the end of the cigarette burning my fingers, making me drop it immediately.

When I look at the guys again, they were already staring at me with their usual "scared as fuck" face. If it wasn't because I was fucking pissed, I would've enjoyed it, but not that time. That time, I just wanted to grab that burned cigarette from the ground and make Dylan swallow it. 

     - You talk like I give a fuck. – I said, making Alex and Boris laugh their ass off. They loved when I talked back at Dylan, because they knew no one could shut him up but me.

     - Oh, man. – Boris whined, cleaning a tear from his face. – Yeah, man. You need to keep those details to yourself, dude. We're not in high school anymore, you know?

I could see Dylan blushing a little bit through his bangs, and as always, after me shutting his mouth up, he stayed silenced for a minute.

     - No, but seriously, Eric. – said Alex. – People have been saying a lot of shit 'bout him. I'll just say that... don't trust him so much.

     - Yeah. – continued Boris. – I would've kick him out, really. First, I don't want no gay dude around my things. What if he sees me naked or falls in love with me?

     - Pff, yeah right. I don't think there's anything to be impressed about down there, so don't worry. – said Alex with a smile. 

They started discussing about how Boris did have "something" to be "impressed about", but I couldn't care less. My mind kept traveling far away from their conversation, and soon I was drowning in my own thoughts.

He was gay...

...Was he?

After all this time of being roommates never had I seen a small hint of him being anything BUT attracted to girls. We would even talk about how he doesn't even have time for dates because of his tight schedule.

Right after he moved in, actually, I thought he was dating someone. That chick wouldn't leave his side at any moment. That same chick Dylan kept babbling about. He even asked me if I could ask Ginger to hook them up. Of course, I didn't care a single fuck, so I always said no. I guess he didn't need Ginger's help anyway.

At the end, it turned out they weren't dating, just friends. I still teased him 'bout it until we both grew tired of the joke, and since then, I really didn't see him with anyone. Not a girl, neither a boy. I didn't even know he had any other friends besides that weird chick.

All that stuff definitely discredited what they said after. That thing of him having sex for money. Hah! Yeah, right. He couldn't even hold conversation with the guys when they were hanging out at my place. He would either stay in his room all the time, or if he did leave his room, he'll avoid them as much as he could. He was just like that, you know? Reserved. Not necessarily anti-social, but he definitely preferred not being social at all. And, for me, it was one of the things I liked the most 'bout him, because it made me... feel... special.