Chapter 21- Trapped

Start from the beginning

“As much as I hate her, Kristen does know how to throw a great formal.” Jen stared in awe. 

“Well what are we doing standing here? Lets go dance!” Niall grabbed Lily’s hand and dragged her to the dance floor. 

“We’ll go find the table!” Louis and I headed over to our table in the corner. 

“Here you go!” Louis handed me a drink. “Here’s to tonight,” He made a toast.

“Lets have fun!” We clinked our glasses and took a sip.

“Now as your date it’s only fair that we dance.” He escorted me to the dance floor, a remix of How to Be a Heartbreaker blasted through the speakers. Louis and I danced around laughing like crazy. It felt nice to let go, and have fun until they walked in. Kristen  and Zayn walked in together she looked like she was on top of the world. Zayn wasn’t holding her hand or anything, but the sight of seeing them together made me mad. Zayn looked around the hall and smiled when he saw me. He gave a small wave to me, while I gave a shy smile. He looked great he wore a black tuxedo, and his hair was in a sleek quiff. Kristen ran off when she saw her friends so he was left alone. Zayn began to walk over to me which made my heart race. I gave Louis a worried look and so he looked beyond me to see what was the matter.

“I’m going to go say hi, be right back?” 

“You gonna be alright?” Louis asked concerned.

“Don’t worry!” Zayn approached me with a silly smile on his face. 

“You look amazing Autumn.”

“Thanks not too bad yourself!” I was trying to be friendly, but at the same time I had my guard up.

“I hope your date allows me to steal a dance from you tonight.” I looked over at Louis, he kept a close eye on me.

“We’ll see.”

“Mind if we talk?” Before I could respond the music stopped, Kristen cleared her throat. That girl had perfect timing.

“Excuse me!” She shouted. “I just wanted to thank you all for coming tonight, isn’t it awesome?!” The crowd cheered. “I know, I know!” How obnoxious could she get? “Well have fun, and remember dinner will be served at 7! PARTY HARD!” The crowed cheered again. However the music didn’t go back on. “What’s going on?” Kristen snapped at the DJ. He mumbled something to her. “Uh...Technical difficulties?” Zayn quickly ran over to the stage and I followed. 

“What’s going on?” Louis, Harry, Liam, Niall, Sam, Lily, and Jen trailed behind me. It was cute how they kept an eye on me.

“No clue,” 

“Zayn fix this you’re good with this stuff right?” Zayn began to fiddle around with a few wires. It was nice to see Kristen off her high horse for once, I could see she was about to crack. 

“Kris the system needs to reset again it could take a few minutes.”

“What am I going to do?!” 

“We could sing!” Harry suggested. Louis, Niall, and Liam nodded their heads. 

“I don’t know...” Kristen said doubtfully. 

“Yeah guys maybe we should just sit this one out.” Zayn really was in no mood to sing.

“Common Kristen you heard us sing before.”

“Ugh fine but please something upbeat.” 

“Heart Attack?”

“Duh.” Louis teased. 

“Common Zayn lets do this.” Liam encouraged, but the rest of the guys gave Zayn a rude stare. 

“There’s no instruments!”

“So we’ll do it a cappella!” 

“No one’s going to dance,”

“It’ll be enough common!” The rest of the boys were on stage ready to sing.

“Fine.” Zayn and Liam hurried up on stage and grabbed a mic. They began to sing the same song they sang at my birthday, and surprisingly it sounded good without the instruments. People began to clap along giving them a beat. 

“Cause you’re all I ever wanted,” They sang, Zayn gave me a small smile, Kirsten looked over at me and rolled her eyes. I adverted my eyes to the girls. Lily and Jen looked so giddy.

“Guys I’m going to go get some air.” I suddenly felt overwhelmed. 

“What?! You can’t leave now their not done yet!”

“I’m just feeling a little queezy.” 

“You better not puke at my formal.” Kristen budded in.

“Whatever.” I pushed past people and grabbed my black trench coat. I walked outside into the night and admired the stars. My heart finally began to beat at a regular pace whenever I was in the same room as him this happened. Was he right about Kristen? Did he really mean what he said about missing me? I continued to wander around the courtyard behind the banquet hall everything seemed like it was a dream. There was  water fountain in the center, granite statues, and a maze in the back. I was always scared to go inside of a maze, but I decided to go anyways. I roamed around it coming to dead ends every so often. Twinkle lights hung from above so I was able to see where I was going. Eventually I got to the center of the maze there was a tiny bench in the center. I sat down and took a few deep breaths I was exhausted. I heard the music from inside the formal I decided I should go back inside I felt bad ditching Louis and everyone. I began to walk around the maze, but then I realized I was stuck.