sixty || endgame

Start bij het begin

"Ash," she mumbled again, her head heavy in my hands as all her fight left. Her eyes were barely open, but I could see a sliver of that ocean blue I loved.

"Yeah, it's me," I told her, reaching for a pulse.

There was something. Even if it was barely anything, it was something. Maybe I'd just been too unfocused earlier to find it, or maybe it was just stronger now, but I could find it now. She was here.

"No," she groaned, barely audible but enough that I could hear her frustrations.

"Did you take all of these?" I asked, panic rising within me as I picked up the empty prescription bottle.

I flipped it around, trying to find the label to understand what the hell she had done. My eyes finally found it, her name across the top with Lexapro 20mg printed across the side.

I looked back up to her with disbelief. She barely nodded but she was even more broken than before. I didn't even know she still took them... I looked back up to the label, reading a printed date 12/09/19.

That's why I didn't know she had them... they were from a year ago.

My mind panicked, knowing I probably didn't have long unless I got them out of her system.

I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But, Baby, I just need one good one, good one

"I know you hate me, Angel," I started as I dropped my hands to wrap her into me.

"No," she tried to protest my help, trying to use whatever fight she had left to rid of my touch.

"But I'm not going to let you die because of something I did," I continued, slipping a hand under the bend of her knees to pick her up.

I lifted her off the floor, listening as she tried to gain the strength to fight me off. I immediately rushed her out towards the bathroom the next door down.

I didn't know what i was doing or what I was thinking, but I couldn't lose her. That's all I knew.

Tell me that you'll be the good one, good one
Baby, I just need one good one to stay

I wrapped around the turn into the bathroom, her body weak in my arms. I fell to my knees beside the toilet, setting her down slowly so she just barely leaned over it.

"You have to throw them up, Angel," I explained, pulling her hair out of her face.

She shook her head against the arm it was leaned on, obviously upset. "I hate puking."

"I know, but I can't lose you," I told her as I moved to grip her easier.

I sat behind her on my knees, hers bent between mine as I held her against my chest. I used the hand holding back her hair to help hold up her head, feeling like dead weight in my grip.

It felt like my whole world was spinning in slow motion, mainly because the small part left of my world was overdosed in my arms. The music flowing through the hallway only made it worse; the opening harmonies to The Night We Met only becoming more haunting with each minute.

"You have to get them out of your system," I told her again, refocusing on my task at hand. I slowly began bringing my hand towards her mouth to force them out. She shook her head in my grip again, slowly beginning to shake as her panic rose too.

"Open your mouth, Angel," I instructed, barely conscious of the world around me. Her jaw tensed more in protest, her head shaking in disagreement.

"Auni, you took a whole bottle of Lexapro and washed them down with tequila. You have to get them out," I begged, trying not to give up as my body filled with the fear of genuinely losing her forever. I refused to give in to the weak side of me just wanting to break down with her. She needed me to be strong so she could be weak for a few more moments.