CH.23 THE END OF AN ERA

"I'm actually kind of surprised over the population's opinion on this", Ochako said while going through the information on her phone. She was dressed nice while sitting next to Izuku in the back of a limousine. "A large majority seems to be accepting of you or at least open to the idea of you and your new position while the others are completely against it"

"I'd say it's about fifty-fifty. The quirkless minority are definitely on my side, but the rest are only warming up to me due to their loss in faith towards heroes and Allmight", Izuku leaned on one arm as he stared out the window of the moving car. "They'll understand soon enough. Taking Endeavor's quirk was just the beginning. Now the flawed corrupt heroes will know that the consequences are real and very severe. Soon we will be able to give the people the heroes they need and deserve"

"What happens after that?" Ochako asked him.

"Well eventually I plan on having my new department absorb the Hero Public Safety Commission", Izuku explained. "Then in three or four decades I'll become prime minister of japan and have complete and total control over the society and be able to implement whatever laws I want"

"This just seems so surreal", Ochako smiled.

"Now you know how I felt when I first put the gauntlet on", he smiled back at her, then looked down at his device. "Anything I desire I can make a reality. The funny thing is if I decided to be an evil villain this whole country would be in ruins by now"

"You would never do that though", the brown haired girl corrected.

"Of course not", Izuku said without hesitation. "I have no wish to hurt innocent people", the car turned into a familiar neighborhood. "Though that didn't stop me from having to hurt the most important person to me", he sighed sadly as the limousine stopped at an apartment building. Izuku stayed put in his seat while he worked up the courage to do this.

"Are you going or not?" She asked.

"It's funny I haven't felt fear since before the gauntlet", Izuku chuckled dryly. "Yet here I am, scared of meeting one person", finding his resolve he opened the door and stepped out of the car. Walking up the stairs he made his way to a door that he knew by heart. Izuku stopped in front of it then worked up the nerve to knock on the door with his gauntlet covered hand. A moment later he heard the deadbolt unlock and the door slowly opened revealing an older woman with features close to his own,

"Hi mom", Izuku smiled warmly at the sight of his mother. What would she say to him? Would she be angry? Would she scream at him?

"Izuku!?" The woman immediately grabbed him in a hug.

"I guess I have some explaining to do", Izuku hugged her back while she sobbed into his shoulder. "Don't I?"

U.A-FACULTY MEETING

"How is this my fault!?" Toshinori shouted over the rest of the teachers.

"If you just gave quirkless people a shred of respect and dignity then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place!" Aizawa yelled back at him. "But no you let your power and position go to your head and became just like the rest of the arrogant egotistical bastards who look down on those who are weaker!" Erasure head was furious. Part of him could understand a bit of what Midoriya went through. His own quirk was very impractical and people used to belittle and look down on him for it. He knew exactly how it felt on the bottom. All the rage, the despair, and the pain that came with it. Izuku though was smart enough to actually take his pain and channel it into ambition. And look what it did for him. "Choosing whose weak, whose strong, who can be a hero, who is worthy to pass one for all to! Like some sort of god among men! In what way does that make you different than All for One!?" The gaunt man's eyes widened in shock and anger that his colleague would dare compare him to his worst enemy and greatest villain of all time in any way.

ApotheosisOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara