CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: THE POWER STONE

"EAT THIS!" Allmight said holding out a single strand of bright yellow hair. His hair to be exact.

"Excuse me?" Mirio asked eyeing the strand.

"To take in my power you need to take in a piece of my D.N.A", the hero explained. "This is how One for All is passed on"

"I see", the third year student seemed to understand how it worked. "Why are you giving this two me now when you said that you were going to wait before?" Allmight sighed and returned to his skinny form in a puff of smoke.

"The truth is that I'm worried about the future", the hero said with concern in his voice. "I want to pass the power on to a successor now in case something happens to me"

"I don't think you're going anywhere Allmight", Mirio said with enthusiasm. "You're too strong and important to let anyone beat you"

"No one is invincible Mirio", Allmight frowned. "I learned that lesson the hard way", he thought back to the last time he saw his master alive, before All for One killed her. "I need to stop Midoriya, I have to try and make him see reason, to bring him back, but if I fail..."

"You won't" the large blonde boy spoke proudly. "You're the symbol of peace. I'm know you'll get throw to that boy", Allmight had told him about his relationship with Izuku Midoriya, in great detail. While Mirio Togata understood the hero's reason for telling a fan that he couldn't be a hero without a quirk, he didn't completely agree. The fact that his own quirk permeation wasn't powerful or practical for a hero until he made it that way was proof that a quirk wasn't everything to the profession. He honestly felt bad for this boy that that society looked down upon for lacking a quirk. It couldn't have been an easy life, to be told by everyone even the hero that you looked up to the most to give up. Personally he saw Midoriya as someone who had lost all hope and turned to the side of evil because he had nothing left. He still needed to be stopped before he went too far. When Allmight caught him Mirio wanted to get the chance to speak to Midoriya and maybe even help rehabilitate him.

"Just promise me that you will stop him should I fail", Toshinori held out the strand of hair again.

"I promise", Mirio gratefully took it. A choked gag later and he had successfully swallowed the hair.

"Good. It should take effect in the next few hours", Allmight gave him a pat on the back. "Nothing we can do now, but wait"

WHILE THAT WAS HAPPENING

"Now Himiko I can't stress enough how important this is too me", Izuku explained to the still grinning girl that obsessed over him. "This machine is slowly processing a new stone for me. I need you to guard it with your life and once it's finished you will call me immediately"

"You can count on me Izu-kun!" Togo smiled and saluted him.

"What's so important about this thing again?" Dabi walked around the large round machine, examining it with open skepticism.

"My Forge is a machine of my own design", Izuku told him. "They are how I create the stones for this", he brandished the gauntlet, pointing at the stones. "This particular version of the forge is right now processing what will be the most powerful of all the stones. The stone that will keep both the heroes and the villains in check"

"How so?" Dabi asked.

"You'll have to wait and see", Izuku smiled turning to Himiko. "Remember call me when it's done", and with that he activated the forge and let his machine begin to crafting the soul stone. Making a portal he stepped through followed by Dabi. They were now back at the abandoned factory that Izuku originally brought them both to.