74 | love isn't dead

Mulai dari awal

When she heard his breathing become steady and calmer, she spoke to him again in a soft voice. "Now, can you describe your surroundings? Tell me what you see," she waited for his response, hoping to get some clue on his whereabouts.

"There's a lot of stores... and cafe's," he said while sniffling.

Seyeon furrowed her eyebrows. There weren't so many cafes in the area. She began running to the nearest one, her footsteps wide and fast.

"What's the name of the cafe?" she asked in between rough breathing, still running through the quiet streets.

"WayV's Love Cafe," Jisung said, his voice hoarse and soft.

Seyeon's heart pounded at his words. She knew exactly where he was and immediately starting running towards the cafe. She had visited the cafe frequently in the past and knew where it was.

Hearing his hiccups and deep breathing, Seyeon knew she needed him to keep talking. She didn't want him to break down again. "Just keep going Jisung. I'm making my way towards you," she encouraged him. Even though she was tired, she kept going, determined to make sure Jisung was safe in her sight.

"Convenience store... cat. There's a cat," he whispered.

Seyeon slowed down, turning a corner as he said those words. "Cat? There's a cat." She knew what she needed to look for. Cafe and cat. she kept repeating in her mind as she kept looking for him.

"It's meowing very loudly." Seyeon heard the noise through the phone and smiled a little. "Jeno would love the cat," he sniffled.

Seyeon didn't say anything, hearing a cat meow loudly near her. She looked around and saw the cafe he told her he could see. She was panting as she ran towards the cat sound, hearing Jisung play with the cat in her ear.

"It's looking for food," Jisung sniffled again.

Seyeon felt relief wash over her as she saw Jisung sitting on the concrete floor, a cat between his legs. She dashed for him, removing her phone from her ear.

"Jisung," She called out, squatting in front of him and pulling him into a hug, his head leaning against her shoulder.

"Seyeon," He said, his voice shaking and soft.

She hugged him tightly, making sure he was in her arms. Jisung started to cry again, sobbing into her shoulder. Seyeon's heart clenched, pained by his crying. She rubbed his back, calming him down. "Shh... Jisung, don't cry... I'm here okay?"

He gasps into her shoulder, hugging her tightly. Seyeon felt a tear run down her cheek, her heart breaking as Jisung held onto her. "Jisung," she whispered, "Breath in... breath out. Take deep breaths, slowly."

Jisung followed her words, taking deep, gentle breaths. They stayed for a few minutes, Seyeon guiding Jisung in calming his breathing and himself down.

They sat there in silence, comfortably hugging each other as Seyeon's hand ran through Jisung's soft hair.

"Can you bring me to your apartment?" Jisung asked between hiccups after a while.

"Of course Jisung," she said, wiping away his tears. "We can talk there okay?"

"Okay."

Seyeon helped Jisung stand up, slowly walking back with him.

"Wait." Seyeon immediately stopped, looking at Jisung in worry. "The cat..." Seyeon smiled at him and looked back at the feline behind them, meowing at them.

"We can come back okay? Let's get inside first," she told him with a smile, watching as he nodded his head cutely.

The walk back was quiet and calm. Seyeon made sure to glance at the taller boy every once in a while to make sure he was okay. She also made sure to leave Chenle a text explaining where she was in case he woke up.