A Blur of Light

"I'm going out!" Hoseok yells from the bathroom, me laying on his bed. I don't say anything, throat too sore and raw to let words come out, let alone my mind focus enough to form those words. He steps out of the bathroom, a thick white layer of steams rolling out after him, and I raise my eyebrows at his fresh, almost professional even, appearance.

"Where are you going?" I whisper, eyes watering as the vocals leave my mouth, dragging along what feels like miniature knives with them.

"Huh?" He asks with a smile, fixing his wet hair in the mirror by Taes bed. I frown, shaking my head to roll over on my stomach, eyes slowly closing. My nose is as stuffed as it could ever be, so I lay with my mouth slightly open, ignoring the feeling of my ribs pressing into the soft mattress underneath me. I don't hear anything for a moment, and figure that he's still working on his hair in the mirror.

After about a minute I move my head to the side, opening one eye to find Hoseok. But I don't. That's... uh. Where did he go? I think to myself, but quickly shrug it off, closing my eye once again. My head feels heavy on my shoulders, so I don't lift it for more time then I have to.

I'm drifting off to sleep, my leg hanging slightly off the bed when I hear a loud "KYAAAAAH!!!" And my back gets heavier.

I laugh, despite the pain, fully awake now. My ribs push even further with my hip bones into the mattress, almost crushingly so.

"Hoseok!" I groan, laughing quietly as he adjusts himself on my back, laying flat against me on his stomach, pushing me even further into the mattress. His hands find my hips, resting them there lightly, his hair dripping cool drops on my neck.

"Your making me wet!" I yelp, but don't move.

"AM I?" He says, laughing loudly, his thumbs slowly moving on my hips.

"Ewwww not like that!"

"Sure sure." He says, smile full, and I can't help but smile back, even though I can hardly breath. He shifts off me, turning me around to lay on my back, giving me a better view of him.

"Hi." He whispers, smiling at me, his white teeth exposed. I smile back as he cups my face in his hand, kissing the tip of my nose.

"Hi, where are you going?"

"Oh shit I forgot! I need to go, I'll tell you when I get back!" He yells, leaning down to kiss the corner of my mouth sloppily before jumping up from the bed.

"Love you!" He yells, just as the door slams shut and I laugh.

"I love you too!" I yell, even though he most likely can't hear me. Or, maybe he can. If he isn't to far down the hallway. That's the thing about these rooms, the walls are thin, so people within the next two maybe even three rooms can hear anything that's yelled, even if it's fairly quiet. Safety reasons, I suppose.

I wonder why he's so excited? Maybe he's going on a date with Tae? I sit on his bed, hugging his pillow to my chest and smile at the faint smell of Hoseok. Actually, all of me smells like him, and its not faint. His smell engulfs me, my skin veins in all, but I don't mind. He smells like warmth, smells like security, and hope. I hum to myself, getting up to go to the bathroom but trip over Hoseok's pajama pants that I'm wearing. Falling with a thump, my vision goes dark and I groan in pain, clutching the side of my shirt as I shrivel up against the bed, standing up slowly and wincing as I step down. Glancing down I notice my toe. The nails missing, skin turning dark very quickly. I try to bend it but the pain that shoots through my foot is something else.

"Shit.." I mumble, letting myself fall backwards on his bed, grabbing my phone and curling into his pillow, unlocking my phone screen and pull up my messages.