♡🕷️Difficult🕷️♡

This oneshot was requested by the lovely @_cakebatter! She's incredibly talented, so go check her stories out!

Character: Chrollo Lucilfer

AU: None

Warnings: Language??

Pronouns: They/Them (Gender Neutral)

Also, I'm not too sure how to write Chrollo, so this might be a bit OOC! I apologize.

Please enjoy!

~~

Chrollo Lucilfer. A liar and a thief. That's who my target was. You see, I was hired to kill him off. He was the leader of the nefarious phantom troupe, so naturally getting rid of him would give someone a lot of power. It could be me receiving that power, but that didn't interest me. My client should be the one who gets that spot. They've offered to pay me handsomely and were extremely patient. It's been a month since I was hired and I have yet to find his hideout.

I was wandering around, looking for the spiders, when I found an abandoned lot. There were several buildings in it, and it take forever to search them all. Hoping that luck would be on my side, I walked into one of the buildings. The door frame was covered in grime and looked like it needed to be hosed down. I tried to ignore it and continued walking around the dark building.

"And what might you be doing here?" A voice from behind me spoke. The voice sounded almost flirtatious, but it wasn't too terrible to listen to. I turned around to see a man with pink hair and clown make up.

"I'm looking for Chrollo Lucilfer. Is he your boss?" I tried to maintain calm.

"Answer our questions...then we answer you." A shorter man with black hair came out from behind him. He seemed to talk somewhat slowly, but I didn't pay that any mind.

"I wish to see him. I have personal business to discuss." I felt anxious. "Now, I've answered your question, so answer mine."

"Yes, he is our boss. We'll take you to him, for a price of course."

"How much?" I sighed.

"We discuss price later...follow us." The man with black hair spoke. I nodded and followed. As we were walking around, I couldn't help but look at the environment I was in. It wasn't as dirty as the outside, but it could still use some work. We walked for quite some time until we reached a place on the third floor. It had a small stage-like platform adjacent to the entrance. On this platform,sat another man with black hair.

"There's someone who wishes to speak with you." The man who was dressed like a clown pointed at me and left, taking the man who couldn't speak properly with him. Now it was just me and platform man all alone.

"Are you Chrollo Lucilfer?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

"Yes, I am. And who might you be?"

"That information is not important. I have been hired to kill you. If you don't put up a fight, I'll make your death quick and painless." I said bluntly. Chrollo just chuckled.

"I don't wish to dissapoint you, but that will not be happening. You see, in this book I have a surplus of nen abilities I've stolen over time. I would not hesitate to steal yours and use it against you. Was that not included in your information about me?" Chrollo just glared at me.

"I'm aware of what your nen ability is. But that won't stop me from taking your life away." I scoffed. How dare he belittle me like this? I'm not some child he can just put in a corner and ignore.

"Let's make a little deal. You may stay here with me for a month. You can attempt to kill me as many times as you'd like. If a month has gone by and you don't wish for my blood on your hands anymore, you're free as a bird." Chrollo proposed. I thought over the offer over for a little.

"And if I kill you before the month is over?"

"You appoint the new head of the spiders, and will be able to do whatever you like." Chrollo stood up, walking over to me. "Sound like a deal?" He held out his hand for me to shake it. I glared at him for a while, before taking his hand.

~~

It had been about a week living with Chrollo, and all of my murder attempts had failed. Trying to strangle him? Deflected. Trying to stab him in his sleep? No luck. Poising his food? He wasn't hungry. I was getting pissed off.

I sat next to a girl named Machi who had pink hair and blue eyes. I let out a long sigh of defeat. "What's up?" A blonde boy named Shalnark sat on my other side.

"I wanna kill Chrollo, but it's not freaking working!" I grunted in frustration. I threw my knife across the ground. It landed at a pair of feet.

"Was that another one of your attempts?" Chrollo teased.

"Asshole..." I scoffed and walked away.

"Wait, Y/n." Chrollo called after me. I turned around and narrowed my eyes at him. "I wish for you to accompany me to dinner. You usually eat alone, and I don't wish for that to happen."

"Fine." 

~~

Dinner time had come around and I had to go. Chrollo would probably pull something otherwise. I walked over to where he was standing. "Good evening Y/n." He held out his hand, inviting me to grab it. I raised my eyebrow and he put his hand down. "Well follow me. I'll show you where we're eating."

I was brought up to the roof of the building,where a blanket and a small picnic basket were sitting. "What is all this?" I gasped. The twinkling stars in the inky black sky was breathtakingly beautiful.

"I think you've been working so hard to kill me, you forgot I'm trying to convince you not to." He chuckled.

"Well, my employer's paying a lotta money for your head on a platter. It's just kind of sad how desperately they want to kill you." I continued looking at the scenery.

"I'm a murderer and a thief. Most people would want me dead." He sighed. "I suppose I forced myself into harms way."

"Man, if it weren't for the money I wouldn't wanna kill you. This past week you've been nothing but nice to me. And the troupe's pretty nice too. Well, except for Nobunaga." I admitted.

"I'm glad you think so." He smiled.

"Hey...Chrollo?" A small smile appeared on my face.

"Yes Y/n?"

"I don't really wanna kill you anymore."