A - II

TELL IT TO THE FROGS

————————

in that same camp, a girl and a boy, siblings, were playing with each other, as if nothing was happening in the world around them. a little ways further, a boy, carl grimes, was getting his hair cut by his mother, lori grimes. the boy was around twelve years old and had long brown hair. his mother, in her thirties, had the same colour of hair.

the two had made it to the camp together with shane walsh, the so-called leader.

beatrix sat on top of the rv. her job was to look over the camp and keep everybody safe from the walkers. a.k.a the dead who started to walk again.

through her binoculars, she scanned the opening. she noticed the grimes family joking around with shane. she sighed to herself.

carl was a nice kid but his mother. beatrix sighed again, just at the thought of the woman. she didn't know how to feel about her.

to the nineteen-year-old girl, she felt like she was the only one who noticed that the two adults were absent a lot at the same time. which was none of her business, she knew that, but then again, it doesn't help the mind from wandering.

in the first few days that beatrix and her brother were a part of the group, she got the entire run down from the woman about her life.

her husband, now deceased, was shane's co-worker and best friend. a few days before the full break out, he got shot trying to arrest some bad guys and ended up in a coma. shane saved both her and her boy together with the peletier family.

they witnessed first-hand how the government tried to blow up atlanta with not much luck.

beatrix was so lost in a trance as she remembered the start of the whole mess, that she barely even realised that a car alarm was blaring.

"talk to me, beatrix!" shane yelled out to her, breaking the spell.

"i don't know yet," she yelled back, shooting up for her position on the lawn chair. quickly, she looked through dale's binoculars. on the road, she could see a red sports car swerving.

"well shit. a stolen car, probably!" beatrix yelled back to the group, keeping them updated.

the red sports car, pulled into the camp, still making a lot of noise. out of the car came the one and only glenn, an Asian-American man who was sent to atlanta together with some of the others in the group.

"holy crap, turn that damn thing off!" dale now stood on top of the camper as beatrix made her way down. If glenn was back, that meant that her brother would be coming soon too.

glenn popped the hood so that shane could turn the alarm off. during all that, amy was yelling, trying to find out if her sister was still alive.

the chaos made beatrix's skin crawl.

"yes! yeah, everybody is fine. well, merle, not so much." glenn yelled out over the noise.

"what'd ya mean? where's he?" merle was beatrix's brother, her half-brother. they had the same father and a different mother. she only really got to know the older man once the apocalypse had started.