he picked out the band-aids.

"you ready, tubs?" you asked the kid, who was basically bouncing up and down. "yeah! but can we go to the book fair first? i'm supposed to meet tommy there!" the 3rd grader said. you laughed as you nodded, which caused the boy to run into the school. "tubbo, slow down!"

he didn't. which caused him to fall down the stairs to the school library, but got right back up again, like nothing happened. you gasped loudly, "tubbo! are you okay?"

no reply.

"oh, tubbo, no running, please! you'll run into something!" a soft voice said, which calmed your heart a bit. you entered the small library, which was filled with cases and cases of books. there was a little stand to the side, which had bookmarks, pencils, pens, and cute erasers. your eyes were caught onto a cute pink i-phone eraser, which brought you back when you had one.

"hello, miss! are you tubbo's mother?" the soft voice spoke.

you looked over your shoulder to see a man behind a plastic fold-up table. on top of the table was what seemed to be a make-shift wallet to put money in, and a tiny notebook. you looked up at the soft british voice, and saw a tall man who was wearing a dull yellow sweater, a burgundy beanie, and pretty circle glasses. some of his curly hair was sticking out of the side of his beanie, folding over his forehead and into his brown eyes.

you laughed nervously, "no, i'm, uh, his sister."

you could hear him gasp, which made you giggle slightly. "i'm so sorry! i just thought- there's usually a man who brings him to these book fairs, he reeks of alcohol all the time," he blurts. "is he your dad? the- the alcohol smelling man."

you noticed how much he used his hands while he talked, which was very intriguing. before you could answer, he yells at someone behind you.

"tommy! if you want to buy something, buy it! i gave you money!" the beanie wearing man sighs, "my brother and your brother are best friends, did you know? he talks about tubbo so much, it's annoying." he smiles up at you, "anyways, i'm wilbur. i'm the librarian here!"

you felt like you were being blinded by his smile; he reminded you of a big ball of sunshine. fitting for a librarian, you thought. he also is very distracted by everything, which does not fit a librarian.

"hi, wilbur, i'm y/n. and yes, the alcohol smelling man is my father, sadly." you chuckle anxiously, looking into wilbur's shining brown eyes.

"it's nice to meet you, y/n!" he says, raising one of his hands to wave at you. "oh yeah! is tubbo here for a conference?" he asks, his head tilted slightly.

"yeah, i just don't know where his teachers classroom is." you look behind your shoulder, trying to find your brother. after looking across the library a bit, you finally find him. he was sitting at one of the small tables, across from who you assume is tommy. you watch as tubbo laughs, and you hear tommy laugh along with him.

cute.

"um, y/n? when is tubbos conference?" wilbur asked, which made you stop looking at the adorable pair across the library. "um, my dad said around 7:30. i think." you said, looking at wilbur.

"y/n- it's- its 7:20." wilbur laughed nervously.

"oh sh-" you stopped mid sentence as wilbur gave you a look a mother would give to her teenage son, and continued on a family friendly route. "-shooot! tubbo, say goodbye to tommy. we gotta go!" you yelled, which caused wilbur to shush you. "sorry wil, in a hurry here!"

tubbo whined as you gave him a look, and ran right over to you. "sorry, y/n." he whispered. tubbo looked over at tommy, waving bye, and ran up the stairs.