꒦꒷‧ ₊˚ ━ 𝚂𝙲𝙴𝙽𝙴 𝙾𝙾𝟸.

PANTING, the h/c haired girl paused in her tracks beside her companion, drawing her blade on instinct to protect the smaller girl when the soldiers neared them

"-they've got us surrounded! what do we do, traveler??" said the floating companion of the outlander, shifting closer to the maiden in worry— who only gulped in return.

the options of escape for paimon and y/n were all but limited. there was but one choice left.. and was to fight their way out- or at least y/n could.. however she was outnumbered by many, and had little chance of victory.

gripping her sword tighter, her eyes searched for any escape routes she'd missed or possible openings. anything to avoid becoming public enemy number one.

except, there was no further need.

"hey girlie! hold still,"

called a voice from above, and instantly the traveler had lifted her gaze, gaping at the sight of the water tipped arrows that flew just over her head for the guards.

any closer and she wouldn't have been shot.. thankfully, she was not, but it was still horrific to think about.

fortunately the owner of that voice landed just in front of her to push some of the military back before she could question things more in her head, as she took his appearance in.

his ginger tufts bounced with each action he took, and y/n noted how different he appeared in comparison to most boys she'd met. unlike kaeya and diluc back in mondstadt, as well as venti.. this man's hair had been short and a crimson mask rested just to the side. strange, yet unique.

his clothing had also been tighter in terms of layers, while he wore a cape on his back that flowed with his swift movements. had it not been for his awkward take on archery and the stressful atmosphere, she would have called him cool for saving her; the hero of the day.. but something told the h/c haired traveler he wasn't just any hero.

rising from his crouched position, the mystery boy swapped his bow out for two blades, surging through the millelith with ease. far quicker than the swordsman could have. how.. was that even possible?