Meeting Texas Part One

Okay I dont know exactly where in texas this story should take place (I'm having a hard time choosing) so could you guys give me some suggestions? #PepsiCola This is just a teaser,PArt 2 will be out soon. -TaorisisReal

Chapter ONe- It all started on a Saturday

    John was shaken awake and opened his eyes to see his cousin Jake English staring down at him. “You’re such a heavy sleeper,JOhn!” Sleepy blue eyes glared at the annoying Englishman staring in his face. He fixed his glasses and pushed his cousin away. “Jake leave John alone.” Mr.Egbert was driving...somewhere. This was his second time coming to Texas but the first time for the other two. “Are we almost there yet, Dad?” Mr.Egbert looked back at them and pulled into the driveway of a nice home. Seeing the house made John a bit homesick as it was a  bit similar to their old house in Seattle.

    It made him sad to think of the house sitting there all alone. Luckily Jane Crocker, a friend of his father,agreed to “house-sit” for them. “Let’s check out the inside mate!” JAke grabbed the house key,all of their suitcases and jogged up to the door. John fanned himself as the full weight of the heat hit him. He was incredibly happy he had been forced to pack only shorts and t-shirts. Well...he had snuck a few sweaters and jeans for the winter but that wasn’t important.

 John helped his dad with the few boxes they had flown along and  took them inside. When he felt the air conditioning he let out a sigh. It was so hot outside his glasses started slipping down his nose. “Let me show you your rooms.” John and Jake followed after him eagerly and were directed to their own room. John opened his room door and broke into an ear splitting grin. Dad had told them that people from his company had already kinda set things up here,but he hadn’t thought that meant putting his Con Air posters. He was amazed at the TV inside and grinned even wider when JAke started shouting about the “Barmy” Gun Rack in his room.

He went downstairs and helped make a “We-Just-Got-To-Texas-Its-Really-Hot-And-Now-I-Want-Cake Cake.”  They slyly hid the sugar from his Dad and saved themselves from a toothache. By the time they finished it was dinner time and with his DAd vowing it would never happen again,they had cake for dinner. As he layed in bed clutching his pokemon plushie,he wondered what Texas would be like and prayed that it would be better than Seattle. Anything would’ve been better than Seattle. The thought of making new friend shere was on his mind as he went to sleep.