forty six

aurelia's hazel eyes snapped open to find herself surrounded by white, florescent light

aurelia's hazel eyes snapped open to find herself surrounded by white, florescent light. the light soon faded away but still the surrounding was painted in white giving her a feeling of bad blood. a gasp escaped her lips when she found herself in the residential lanes surrounded by quaint cottages which looked oddly familiar.

she stopped in front of a comfortably sized, two story building with a small gate and hedges surrounding the front yard. the top right side of the building was blowed off. a discreet string seemed to pull aurelia towards the house. without letting herself stop, aurelia pushed open the demolished door, a shiver running down her spine.

"lily, take harry and aurelia and go! It's him! go! run! I'll hold him of--"

a very familiar voice rang in aurelia's hair, bringing back the memories of her haunting past. then she saw him, voldemort, killing her father in front of her eyes.

"aura!" it was lily's voice searching for her daughter. when lily finally spotted aurelia sitting on the top of the stairs, watching james lie dead on the floor,her heart collapsed.

 little aurelia let out a cry which gained voldemort's attention who let out an evil cackle. lily made a run for aurelia, carrying her daughter in her arms and hurried inside the room where harry was placed in the crib. 

a loud scream finally struck the seventeen year old aurelia like a lightning bolt.she was standing inside her home. the insides were completely wrecked.

aurelia smiled at the vivid memory of herself wearing the fancy headbands which lily used to buy for her.

"aurelia?" instantly, aurelia turned around only to be met by her parents who were smiling at her while they stood in front of her, near the upside down couches. they weren't real ; aurelia could see the fireplace through them.

"mum? dad?" aurelia smiled widely, lifting her hands up to touch them but she felt nothing.

"oh honey." a tear slipped down lily's cheeks,"you have been through so much and it hurts me that i couldn't be there for you."

"mum. . . ." aurelia trailed off, her voice trembling with pain,"no. . . you gave up your life to save mine. i can't thank you enough mum. I'll be forever grateful to you mum please don't blame yourself."

"we can't be more prouder of you. you've been so brave darling. your kindness really stands out from the rest." james spoke up for the first time, his eyes shining with happiness.

"you think so?" aurelia gasped, tears flowing down her cheeks in a swift motion. james nodded,"i love you aurelia. more than harry but don't tell him that i said so. i don't want him to get upset."

"oh james!" lily exclaimed, fighting the urge to smile.

the three of them laughed heartily and that's when aurelia realized how beautiful life would have been if her parents were still alive.