Make A Wish: Part 27

Depuis le début

"I'm pregnant."

"Holy shit." Is all he can say.

"I know."

Bruno takes me completely off guard and pulls me to him, kissing me long and hard. His hands clamp around my belly.

"We're gonna be parents." He says in shock, but I can also detect a strand of happiness in his voice. But why? Doesn't he see the bigger picture here? This could affect everything.

"What if we aren't ready for this, Bruno? I mean, we're so young." I say.

"We can figure it out together."

Over the intercom our flight is once again called out, but Bruno made no attempt to board the plane.

"Bruno that's our plane." I tell him.

"I know." He starts gathering our bags but he doesn't head towards the gate. Instead, he goes the opposite way.

"What are you doing? They'll leave without us!" I protest.

"I know." He repeats.

At this point I reach out and take hold of his arm, pulling him to a stop.

"Bruno you have to be on that plane."

"There'll be more planes to LA, Selina."

But not the right one, I think to myself.

"But- but what about your dream?" I ask, panic starting to settle in my chest.

"Sel, listen to me." Bruno says. He puts his hands on my shoulder so that I'm facing him. He stares down at me. "This changes everything. Being a parent means responsibility. I can't pursue my dream when I have a child to take care of. I can sacrifice what I want in order to ensure my kid has a stable life."

I shake my head. "But you're gonna be famous. You'll have so much money to support him. To support us." I say.

Bruno looks down and laughs dryly. "It was never a realistic plan anyways." He says.

"How could you say that?" I ask in disbelief. This is what he's always wanted. What he's destined for.

"How can I not? It's true. Besides you and my family no one else has believed in me." He says.

"You don't understand. I believed in you because Ive seen what you'll become." The words slip out before I can stop them.

"What are you talking about?" He asks, obviously confused.

I take a deep breath. "Bruno Mars is going to be one of the biggest celebrities. In 2010 is when you first make it big while featuring in songs with other artists. Around the same time you release your own songs, that takes you further than you'd ever imagine. Your first album is called Doo Wops and Hooligans, and you go on a world tour performing those songs with your band, your brother Eric, and your best friend Phillip Lawrence. People all over the world love and idolize you. They call themselves Hooligans. In 2012 you put out another album called Unorthodox Jukebox, which also goes big. You start a brand new tour that lasts two years. You've won awards like Grammys, performed at all kinds of big events worldwide, and was in a magazine for being in the top 100 most influential people. In 2014 you do the biggest performance of your life, by performing at the Superbowl halftime show. It was the most watched halftime show in Superbowl history. You become an inspiration to so many people. You save lives, literally. There's a girl named Zumyah who nearly died, but recovered by listening to your music. You dedicated a concert to her, which made thousands of people tear up. Not only does your music change the world, Bruno. You as a person change the world."