𝟭𝟰 - 𝗲𝘅𝗶𝗹𝗲

Depuis le début

"Who are you?" she asked, but she couldn't care less about who he was. Staying out of her way was better.

"A nicer tone would provide you with answer," the man said sternly.

"I'm not nice," she replied, sounding meaner. She gave a bit more force on her claw aimed at his neck.

"Then I shouldn't have saved your life."

His answer made her speechless and confused at the same time.

"Saved my life?" She shook her head, regaining focus. "I didn't need saving." But they both knew it was a lie.

"Those monsters would've ripped your heart out if I wasn't here," he growled.

"I didn't see you in the slightest. Practice your lying skills, then maybe next time I'll accept your words."

"Don't call me a liar when you lied about not needing a rescue."

She stepped back. "I didn't lie about that—"

"Silence. Your wounds can explain it for me." His gaze then turned to her body, most of the part covered in blood. He put his sword back and glared at her, taking a seat beside the campfire.

"They won't heal themselves," he said.

"Then kill me instead," she stated. "You seem like a soldier, I'm sure it wouldn't take long."

"Soldiers don't kill the innocent."

"So you think I'm an innocent?"

"I don't care what you are," he snapped, "but I'm not heartless. We must travel to the city, give you some aid."

"By feet?"

"Have any better idea?"

She furrowed her brows. "I just gave you an instant solution to this problem; killing me. Plus, I don't remember asking for your help."

"Everyone needs help."

"Except those who prefer to be alone," she hissed. "Leave."

Her words were not exactly her thoughts. She did need help, she just didn't want to admit it. She used to be known as the strongest assassin in the Monastery, surely a help was the last thing she needed. She was supposed to give assistance people, not asking for one.

The man sighed in disbelief. "You're lucky it's just me." He stood up and walked away, leaving her alone once again.

She regretted her actions, but he was already walking far. She looked over her shoulder, thinking twice about her insensitive words. She could now see why everyone avoided her. Leadership and wisdom was her typical trait, but kindness was always a priority, and she didn't have that. Perhaps it was time to start over.

"Fine, fine!" she admitted, half shouting. Thankfully enough, he stopped. "I do need your help. Take me to the cities, after that we'll go our seperate ways."

"What's the magic word?"

She sighed and rolled her eyes. I hate you already. "Please."