"S-shee was taking too long, I figured she wouldn't mind if I took them instead," Hange bubbled loudly, the alcohol moving at a rapid speed through her system. Connie rolled his eyes, giving Novia an 'oh well' look because at this point, there was nothing more he could do. Novia gave a slight sigh of relief...

"Can I get just one more?" Hange called to the bartender, who was in deep conversation with Jean. She peered over and analyzed that Hange was in no condition to keep her tab going, but she eyed all them as a way of asking for consent.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT." Everyone said in unison. The bartender took that consensus into consideration and ultimately denied Hange more shots.

"Awe c'mon it's time to party! WOOO!" Hange started to to climb up onto the table, fully uncoordinated with her mind and body as it started to give out.

"Jean a little help here?! I am NOT playing babysitter all by myself." Connie said, pulling her down from the table. Sasha now had herself face down in a bowl of peanuts as her arm gave out, so she was useless... Jean followed behind by catching Hange, and taking her arm to give her balance. Connie was parallel on the other side.

"Why don't we lay her down in the carriage. She needs to sleep this off, we'll let the Captain deal with this when we get back."Jean said, laughing at Hange trying to wriggle out of his and Connie's grip. Novia and Eren were sitting there, casually enjoying watching Connie and Jean struggle to keep Hange under control.

Novia meant what she said when she expressed she did not want to play babysitter. She was letting the guys handle this one... Obviously Eren was right with her because the only reason he came along was to make sure no one hit on Novia. She thought his reasoning was ridiculous, but hey, whatever dissolved his temper.

"Noooo, please. I'm so fine... I can't bother Levi right now, he'd be SO mad at me." Hange giggled nonsensically.

"Why because you're shit faced?" Jean smugly challenged. 

"No... Because, he's with Petra right now, said to not bother the two of them.." As she spoke those words, Novia couldn't help shift her face into rigidness. The captain was with Petra?? Doing what? A pit in her stomach started to sink in as scenarios started twisting themselves into an oblivion.

He better not treat her with the same disrespect as he did with Novia. Petra was her friend....she didn't want to see her broken like she was. No one should be put through that type of emotional pain. Novia shook her head to force the thought out of her brain and draw in some optimism. Hopefully, it was just strictly business....

"Still you need to go sleep this off." Connie said walking off to the carriage. Jean turned around and whispered to Novia and Eren. "We'll have the commander deal with her instead." He snickered.

Novia and Eren turned their stools back around as they exited, both giving deep sighs to let what just happened sink in. She just now noticed Eren's shot glasses were empty... "Are you feeling drunk?" Novia asked curiously. Of course she wanted to spend tonight with Eren all alone like she had promised him,..However, if he was drunk and she was sober, that promise would now fully be off the table. 

"No, it takes a lot to get me drunk...I'm nowhere near that, I'm basically almost as sober as you." He chuckled putting his hand on Novia's thigh. It was as if he had read her mind.... He got close to her, giving her ear a nibble and whispering. "I want to make sure I remember everything from tonight..." He smirked as the back of Novia's hair started to rise to his obvious implication.

Her cheeks were red as she examined they were still in public.... Even with no one watching them, the embarrassment was still written all over her face. "I-I was just making sure you were all good," She shivered with a nervous laugh, trying to shake off the goosebump effect Eren was creating.

The sudden burst of the front doors made Eren and Novia focus their attention back in that direction. Connie and Jean were walking back from the carriage. As they did Novia detected a small scratch across Jean's jawline, indicating to her, Hange didn't want to go down easily.

"She really put up a damn fight, but we got her to lay down...finally." Jean said out of breath. Both him and Connie sat back down, releasing a huge exhale. Babysitting time was over....

"You guys weren't even gone that long?" Novia matter-of-factly distinguished.

"Still, we pretty much had to knock her out ourselves, she kept repeating The captain would get irritated with her.. I seriously doubt it though, he puts up with her shenanigans all the time. How would this time be any different?" Connie wondered as he put his hand on top of Sasha's head, stroking it. She gave a groan in acknowledgment to his soothing touch.

"Well, she did say he was with Petra, but I wouldn't think too much of it...we'll just give her to the commander, it'll be fine" Jean chimed.

Novia's irritableness was climbing its way back into her body as they brought the captain back up again. She couldn't help but not only feel a slight jealousy, but also a sympathetic prediction to the fact that whatever 'business' they were both doing, was not going to end well.

"I have to pee." Novia said abruptly, jumping up from her stool. She needed some air to get away from these stuffy thoughts, they were all clouding her judgment and preventing her from being able to relax.

Everyone remained silent at the grinding tone Novia was exposing through her voice.... Connie, Jean, and Eren could tell she wanted to be alone, so they didn't question her as she walked towards the doors leading outside to the outhouses.

As Novia made her way outside, it was almost pitch black out. She leaned against the wall of the building with her arms folded across her chest, dwelling. Why was she letting the captain still get to her? It was unfair of her to feel jealous considering she was fooling around with Eren at the same time. Why feel the need to get jealous? Maybe she was mistaking her own jealousy for anger.

She wasn't about to just sit back and allow Levi to treat Petra in the same manner he did her...She wouldn't allow anyone to feel belittled like that from him...it wasn't right. Petra was sweet and friendly, a perfect person to prey on.... he was a Fucking asshole.

"You shouldn't be out here alone you know." Chills ran up Novia's spine as she was taken out of her own thoughts by a deep yet demanding exterior voice. She looked up from the ground, the person collectively standing there catching her off guard.

As she leaned up from against the wall, she naturally took a step back away, a rock causing her to trip backwards and land straight on her bottom.

"Captain." She gulped.

.....

Thank you guys for 60k seriously, you have no idea how much I love all my readers!

I apologize it took me so long to update, but due to my sensitive nature, I act out when I'm feeling fragile....people's negative judgment shouldn't effect me so much so I'm doing my best.

I will try to be consistent with my updates again, I'm excited for the next chapter! Hope all of you are too.

Follow my tiktok for updates; sashaslilpotato.
I go on live sometimes and give some confirmations on things or little previews for whats to come!

Xoxoxoxox,

Rey 💋🤟🏻