Into the waves-Part 4

Start from the beginning

0°0°0°0°0°0

A black haired woman who wore a sleeveless pink kimono can be seen walking through the woods.

"Mmmm these should be enough" thought the woman as her basket was full of herbs.

Her lines of thoughts were interrupted when she saw a blond haired boy unconscious in the grass floor.

"What happened here?" Haku looked in at the boy sleeping with his back turned on the grass "that's the boy who fought Zabuza-Sama"

Haku moved closer to the sleeping form of Naruto before noticing the leaf headband tied around his right shoulder, 'He's the ninja so that means"

"Now I can end this nuisance once and for all. All I have to do is snap his neck" Haku's hand inched closer to Naruto's neck before she sighed and shook him awake instead.

"One minute Kisara" Haku's eyebrow twitched as she shook him again "grnnnhhn..." Haku sighed as the boy grunted pushing her hand away "It would have been easier to snap his neck".

Haku once again shook him patiently "huh" this time waking him as he yawned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes causing Haku to blush slightly at the cute scene before her.

"If you sleep out here, you might catch a cold." Haku told him with a gentle smile.

Naruto shivered as he nodded.

His immunity went down the drain as onetime Kisara was nursing him when had the flu.

"So what are you doing out here Miss....?" Naruto asked the unknown lady.

"Haku...I came out into the forest to collect some herbs for my friend who is currently ill and then saw you sleeping there." Haku lied with a smile

Naruto scratched the back of his head sheepishly as he chuckled lightly "Sorry about that Haku" Haku nodded then Naruto went for a handshake "Names Uzumaki Naruto..Haku nice to meet you"

Haku smiled as she took his hands "Your hands are soft" Naruto marvelled at his soft hands.

"Your hands are firm"

"Touché" Haku tried her best not to giggle.

"So you train Naruto..You must be strong" Naruto nodded "I have to be strong"

Haku titled her head to the side "why do you continue to grow stronger? For what reason do you want to gain more power?" Haku asked quietly as she looked right into Naruto's eyes when he suddenly had a faraway look. 'His eyes... they look so lonely yet bright"

"I only want to become strong to beat my foes as I believe they are many" Haku sighed "Then you won't become strong" rhis made Naruto's eyes go wide as he quickly looked at Haku "I believe that true strength only comes from protecting that which is precious to you." Naruto shook his head "That's true as in some way it aligns to mine but once you attain strength there is nothing to fear"

Haku shook her head disapprovingly "One day you will realise how wrong you are" as then she then left leaving Naruto to his devices "No Haku you're wrong if I don't become strong then I will lose everything"

0°0°0°0°0°0

Everyone sat at the dining table with Inari, Tsunami and Tazuna since work on the bridge was done for the day when Sakura trudged in through the door followed by an amused Kakashi.

"So how did the training go Kakashi?" Yugao asked as the two kids went to take a shower first.

"Sakura was able to make it to the top on her first two tries but that's because she has small amount of chakra. Sasuke still out there but he didn't reach the top yet but is making progress" Kakashi sighed at how problematic his team become.