━━𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄𝖲𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗆 𝖶𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝖳𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗅𝗌

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝖲𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗆 𝖶𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝖳𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗅𝗌

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄𝖲𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗆 𝖶𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝖳𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗅𝗌

"GENEVIEVE!"

A 19-year-old, very human, Greyson Stone, screams his sister's name, breathing heavily, sweat covering his face, filled with worry and fear for his sister.

The Governor and his men were leading them away from town and into the dark woods. Echoes of screams, loud cries, and protests of men and women have made the forest terrifying, another story that the elders would tell the children to keep them far away from the forest. They're innocent and do not deserve to see such savagery.

The restraints were keeping him from running toward Genevieve, and he felt as if he failed her as a brother in protecting her and keeping her safe. He failed his promise.

"Shut your mouth, boy," a man says, holding a torch and a pitchfork. A look of disgust graced the man's features, witches deserve to die painfully, the man thought to himself.

"We're innocent!" Greyson protests as he tries to loosen the grip of the rope that is keeping him from saving his sister from dying.

"Is that what the devil ordered you to tell us?" The man laughs loudly, followed by the other men restraining the others.

They abruptly stopped. Before them was a large willow tree, a majestic tree that witnessed many brutalities over the years in its stand.

Greyson saw Genevieve with a rope wrapped around her neck. She was trashing and screaming until two men grabbed her viciously and dragged her to step on a wooden stool. The Governor ordered the men to do the same to the other 18 accused witches.

"No!" Greyson screams, the tight grip of the restraints getting loose. His body was weak from the beating that he had taken hours ago, and he tried to run towards his sister. However, he felt a stinging pain in his stomach. He felt his clothing getting wet. He looked down and saw the crimson blood on his shirt. He saw a pitchfork embedded in his stomach and looking up, he saw one of the Governor's men smiling at him cruelly.

"Didn't think you'd escape that easy, boy," The man says, deepening his pitchfork to Greyson's stomach, making the raven head boy fall to the ground.

"Greyson!" Genevieve screams as he sees his twin fall to the ground, unconscious. She frantically looks around and sees the Governor already looking at her, "I beg of you, we have done nothing wrong. We do not work for the devil as you accuse."

The Governor just shakes his head and chuckles, and he looks at his men, who are holding the ropes, waiting for his signal. He nods at them.

Suddenly the nineteen accused men and women were lifted off the ground, and their hands went to their necks as they tried to remove the rope that was tightly wrapped around their necks, legs thrashing mid-air, gasping for air.

Genevieve had troubled breathing, and black spots appeared from her eyesight, this was it, Genevieve thought. Death awaits her, and she welcomes it gladly so that her and her brother's suffering can finally come to an end.

Until an unknown force grabbed her.

The woman with bright fiery red short hair had been watching the twins from afar. She sensed something from them, she just didn't know what, and it intrigued her even more.

When the woman heard what was happening, she immediately planned to rescue the twins, and the plan was indeed successful.

She laid Genevieve and Greyson on the floor of her cottage, hidden deep within the forests. Surely they wouldn't be able to find them here, and she made sure of that.

The twin's condition was only getting worse. Any minute wasted, they'll be dead, and she had to make a choice.

So she bit Greyson first, making sure that her venom was now in his system, and turned to Genevieve and checked her pulse. She had one but barely pulsating. The woman doubted if Genevieve would even survive the change. She was closer to death's door. The red-haired woman took a risk and bit into Genevieve's neck.

Wiping the blood from her mouth, she stood up and observed the twins. They weren't thrashing in from the pain of the venom. How odd, yet she was thankful for that.

Now she just has to wait...for three agonizing days.