Capitulo Tres

"Alright, thank you again, Joohyun. I owe you one. See you!" Lisa bowed and left.

Lisa followed Jiyong this time, not minding people's stares.

"Jiyong, you know her?" She asked Jiyong about this Irene Bae.

Truth is, she really doesn't know anyone as she really doesn't care about anything. But Irene somehow interests her.

Jiyong respectfully replied, "Young Mistress, as she said, she owns this hotel. She is actually the youngest CEO here in Sevierville. They also call her the "Ice Princess" in terms of business and men. She's aloof, I don't even know if she has friends or anyone dear to her."

"Hmm, I see. Let's hurry, I need to go back and cook. My mother-in-law will be at home anytime." Lisa said, looking at her cheap watch that costs about 50 dollars at most.

While eating, Lisa caught up with Old Madam Manoban, told her stories, her experiences in the orphanage. But she never told her about how her wife's family and friends treat her. Old Madam listened to her dearly, thinking how to make up to her granddaughter.

"Ahh, grandma. I'm so full. I miss eating your food. Cook for me again someday, okay?" Lisa said while touching her tummy. Her Grandma ordered everything on the menu just for her and with her threats, Lisa finished it all.

"All you have to do is come back, sweetie. Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" Old Madam is still trying to push her luck, hoping that Lisa will change her mind and go with her. She really wants to take Lisa home and let her get what's really for her. But with Lisa's resistance, it'll be impossible to do so.

Lisa holds her hand and said, "I'm sorry, Granny. Maybe someday but I can't for now. Wait for me, okay?"

Old Madam sighed in defeat, "Fine. But on one condition."

"What is it, Grandma?" Lisa saw this coming. Old Madam never backs down without a fight tho.

"I want you to manage one of my companies here in Sevierville. Actually, it's yours. I transferred it under your name so you have no choice." Jiyong handed an envelope to her.

Then Old Madam continued "I'll be giving you two cards, one is a premium card, and only 5 people own it. And I've known you for being humble so the other one is a regular card, you can check the balance yourself." Just when Lisa was about to open her mouth,

"No more buts, Pranpriya. This is the least that I can do for you and if you won't accept it, I will be unhappy. You want that?" Guilt tripping Lisa is her last resort so she has to play it well.

Lisa sighs and said, "Fine, if that'll make Grandma happy, I will accept it."

"But I have no experience in handling such company, Granny. I might disappoint you." Lisa stopped schooling when she reached 18. When she married Jennie, she stayed at home. And she knows that she has no say in everything.

"Dummy, you're a Manoban. It runs in the blood and Lisa, don't act as if you need to study about things, you're a working encyclopedia, remember?" That's true. Lisa has an unreachable IQ that's why being a daughter-in-law is such a waste.

Lisa scratched her nape and said "Still, Grandma, I don't know if I can manage this one."

"I trust you. And besides, you're my granddaughter or son? Haha."

Lisa blushed. "Granny! Stop, no one knows about that. It's embarrassing."

Old Madam got serious, "It's alright, I accept you and it's God's plan, you know."