𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐇 | 13

I have a lot of regrets in my life, but being a coward will always top all of them.

- Jeong Yunho, conversation with Park Seonghwa

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

Cars honked, by-standers gasped, people chased; but Yunho didn't care. He didn't spare a glance at any of the people who followed him, his mind set on one thing and one thing alone: go to the hospital. Wooyoung, who chased after Yunho when the latter abruptly rushed out of the practice room, had miraculously gotten the hospital's name out of Choi San himself, and though curiosity tinged his senses, Yunho had a much more important situation at hand.

Mingi had gotten shot. His Mingi, lying on a bed, hurting, all because of some sick individual who had issues. It made Yunho sick to the stomach, and even after he stopped wailing, his sobs echoing from the practice room walls, the tears still fell, with no intentions of stopping. The Mingki inside of him broke at the news of his idol getting seriously injured. The Yunho, on the other hand? The Yunho felt numb. He felt, in a way, responsible. And nothing but guilt and regret twisted his insides, for Yunho had finally opened his eyes and realized something very important. He wanted Mingi, his idol. He wanted Myun, his friend. He wanted both, his loves. Though his past experience left him traumatized, he missed the incomparable feeling that love caused.

And so, acting upon pure instinct and rage, Yunho had run out of the practice room, leaving Wooyoung to follow him blindly. San was the one who had informed Wooyoung of the situation, and though the dancer wished to snap Yunho's neck for acting so recklessly, for the choreographer —very importantly— forgot to disguise himself, he couldn't. So instead he had asked for the hospital's address, which to his luck was 30 minutes away by walking, and had forwarded it to Yeosang and Jongho, who agreed to join them at the hospital.

Yunho had noticed the attention on him immediately, ever since he left the practice room building, but he didn't care. He ran and sprinted, gasps sounding every few seconds, but he didn't care. How could he care, when something with much more significance was at stake? He was so stupid for waiting this long, and now he had to face the consequences. Curse him and his cowardry.

You're an idiot.

This is all your fault.

Why are you such a coward?

Happiness was right in front of you.

Stop trying.

It's not worth it.

Yunho shook his head, ridding his mind of the negative thoughts that clouded his senses. No. Now's not the time to blame himself. As selfish as it sounded, he needed to make sure Mingi was okay. He wouldn't rest until he saw Mingi lying on the hospital bed, directing his smile to him and him alone. Did he deserve it? Probably not. He willingly ignored his messages, occupied his mind to distract himself, and deliberately stopped consuming Mingi content to ignore the situation. Was he going to give up? He would beat himself up before his friends even got a chance to.

This isn't just Mingi. This is Myun, too. Two of the most important people in his life had been merged since the beginning, and now, if he didn't take this opportunity, he'd let them slip away until who knows how long. He's done many things he regrets, but if this one happens, it'll top the list by a million spots.

After running for 10 minutes, the two stopped to catch their breaths, halting in the middle of a moderately crowded area. Tiredness laced their breathing, gasping for air every few seconds and crouching to stretch their muscles. Wooyoung swiped the sweat off his forehead, and after staring at Yunho, he laughed.