"You are a pathological liar Edward Cullen," she sneered, "I know that you cut off his sister on purpose, and I know that you somehow cut off her wifi signal, causing her to be unable to make calls to her parents or Clay. All for what? I thought we were becoming friends, but no. You just can't stand to see someone else happier than you are, so you have to drag them down with you. I mean seriously, ruining a date between me and someone else just because you're jealous that you can't find someone of your own, and you can't stand the fact that someone you find infuriating is able to?" Her voice had raised several octaves by the end, her exasperation and anger seeming to be suffocating.

Edward sighed, relieved and grateful that she had come up with her own explanation for this so he wouldn't have to admit the true motive behind his actions.

He wasn't jealous that someone he hated and found so infuriating was able to find someone to go on a date with and he wasn't. No, he was jealous because it wasn't him who she had found to go on the date with.

"You look stunning by the way." He complimented after a moment. She scoffed.

"Kissing up to me isn't going to make us friends again. Congrats, you've just ruined all the progress we'd made these past few months. I hope you're proud of yourself."

"I don't mind having you as my enemy, Shields," he smirked, "in fact, it's going to be a lot less exhausting now that we're not going to have to actively try and be nice to each other. Some people are just born to hate each other, and that's the way it is."

"What, so now are you going to actively go out of your way to ruin any date I ever go on in the future? Because in case you've forgotten, we both live forever, so you might as well just give up now," she shrugged, "I'm going to end up with someone eventually, whether you like it or not."

Edward scoffed, leaning in so now they were both leaned over the table, faces inches away.

"Oh Aris, when are you going to learn," he sighed, "if I can't have you, then no one can."

A second of silence ticked by.

And another.

Finally, at the same time, both of their façades erased as they bursted into fits of laughter, hardly able to breathe.

"But seriously, you can do better than him," Edward voiced after he had finally gained composure, "I mean, he didn't even pay for either of your food." He motioned to Clay's untouched pasta, and Aris's which was half eaten.

"In case you've forgotten, he was in quite a rush to go and see his sister who you hospitalized," she scolded, "but seriously, promise me you'll never ruin another date of mine again."

"Yeah, yeah, I promise." He agreed, causing her to sigh in relief.

"Edward," Aris said after a moment of silence, "you will find someone. I know it can't be easy with your siblings and all, and now I guess with me as well, but you're going to. I'm willing to bet on it."

Edward scoffed, about to protest when Aris spoke again.

"In fact, I'll be your wingwoman. I know our relationship is complicated, but if it'll make you less grumpy all the time, then I'll find you a girlfriend!" She clapped her hands excitedly, happy with this new idea.

Edward felt unnerved with the fact that Aris didn't even seem slightly bothered by the idea of him having a girlfriend. Any time he thought of her being with anyone, he was flooded with the emotion of jealousy which was a new thing for him. But here she was, actually excited by the idea of him being with someone else.