6

A/N: Hello and enjoy 😊

RUBY JANE'S POV

I didn't even drink and I come up with the stupid idea of inviting this woman that I barely know at all into my private home.

What in the actual fuck am I thinking?

But I want to be near her again.

For what reason? I don't know.

AND YES. I fucking know she is taken. I didn't know that night, but I feel like it wouldn't have been a difference. Maybe...

But I'm also tired and hungry and I really didn't want to stay in that room with her again. I mean...not that I don't mind spending time with her. I just wish she remembered.

We pull up to my building and I park her car next to mine in the garage. She had a fucking Audi R8...how fucking rich is she? I mean I am too...well now I am again, but geez...

"So this is my place...well...building. We still have to go up the elevators to get to my place."

"It's really nice." And she goes quiet again.

This is completely awkward. Why did I think of this? I mentally facepalm myself.

We get out of her car and go into the private elevator. I flash my security card and head up to the Junior Suite. I was going to buy the Top Penthouse, but I didn't feel the need to.

We get to my floor and I unlock my door. I turn around and she just stands outside the door.

"You coming in or not?" I raise my eyebrow to her.

"I don't think I should..."

"Why? Your girl? You already came to strip club, you picked me as a drinking buddy, you know you shouldn't go home as a mess, and you're already at my place."

"Right. May I come in then?"

"What are you? A vampire? I already gave you permission." She giggles. Her laugh is so sexy.

"Maybe more like a beast or a wolf." She winks and walks through my door.

Did she just...

She did didn't she!

She fucking said a sexual innuendo. What the actual fuck.

And Oh God she is not wrong. That night she was like a wolf beast.

YAH RUBY JANE STOP.

"Make yourself at home. Want something to drink? I have bourbon." I revert the conversation back to normal. Otherwise I might have jumped on her and let her release the beast, but no. None of that.

"Are you trying to get me drunk Ruby Jane?" God the sound of her voice when she says my name is such a turn on.

"No, but you wanted a drinking buddy."

"And my drinking buddy isn't drinking." She smirks while sitting on my couch. Imagine the sex on that couch.

I mean...I don't know...

I never brought anyone home before. I never go home with anyone after work, so I don't know why I'm allowing it now. But I already have this trust that I'll be okay. I don't know why. I just know.

"I prefer wine."

"Wine it is then. Give me your best." And she winks at me. I feel my cheeks burn, so I quickly turn around and head to my bar to get us a glass of wine.

"You blushing is cute Ruby Jane." FUCK SHE SAW. Pull it together!

I walk with a sway on my hips and look over my shoulder and flip her off. She laughs, but I also caught her gawking at my ass before she laughed.

...

I prepared our wine and a small charcuterie board, but then I hear her on the phone whispering.

"I'm not coming home tonight."

"Don't. Don't even try that bullshit."

"You quote forgot. Bullshit! I meant everything in that letter. I'm done. I'm done with us. I'm done with your lies. You need to be gone by the time I get back. My lawyer will have the divorce papers."

"I'm done talking. No. You don't get to fucking cry and think it will make me change my mind. Go to him. Go and be with him like the many fucking times." Oooo girlfriend or should I say ex is a cheater. Wait did she say divorce papers?

Fuck me. She has a wife. Or should I say had, but I don't know. Fuck.

"Just stop! I made up my mind. I give you 3 days. I'm staying at a friends or maybe a hotel. No I'm not going to tell you which friend or hotel. 3 days. If you're not gone I'll get my stuff instead and leave."

She toss her phone onto the table and rest her elbows on her knees with her hand running through her hair.

"Lisa?" I whisper and she looks up with such a sad expression.

"You heard everything?" I nod and walk over with the tray of food and wine and place it on the table. I sit next to her and I cup her face and wipe her tears with my thumbs. She looks so broken. She tries to pull away, but I don't let her.

"You said no touching. And I think my time is almost up?"

"I know. I change my mind, and stay as long as you feel comfortable to stay." I hug her and she stiffens, but then melts into my arms. I hear her sniffle and I pull away.

She looks at me.

Then my lips.

Then to me.

She grabs my face and kisses me. I pull away...

"I'm sorry...I didn't..."

"Lisa..."

"I'm not with her anymore. That's over. For sure over...sorry I'll just go..." She tries to leave but I grab her wrist and she looks at me confused.

"Ruby Jane..."

"It's actually Jennie. Jennie Ruby Jane. And...you better get those divorce papers."

"I already texted my lawyer to have something drawn up."

I grab her face and kiss her in the most passionate way. I honestly wanted to do it ever since she showed up at the club again and I saw her. She wraps her arms on my waist and pulls me closer to her.

I pull away and look deeply into her eyes as we catch our breath. Her eyes full of sadness but also dark and full of lust.

Please don't regret this Jennie.

I grab her hand and intertwine our fingers. I grab the wine with my other hand and I lead her up the stairs to my room.

What the fuck am I doing? Again I don't know, but all I know is that from the first moment I saw her and that night with her, I wanted her. I thought I would never see her again after that night...or at least won't see her again so quickly that I could forget about her.

But it was hard to forget how she made me feel.

Will I regret it? Will I regret what is going to happen again, especially now that I know she was hung up on someone else? She said it's her for sure ex right? But will I just be more than a rebound?

I mean I'm just a stripper aren't I? At least to her I am. But I hope she doesn't think that I'm just a stripper. I'm really not. I just needed to make ends meet, and I guess I'm just good at it too.

I don't know...all I know is that there is something between us. Since that night, it felt like the universe just clicked and put us together, and the same feeling happened when I saw her again while I was on stage.