waltz with the waves - k. sugawara┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。

another older oneshots. again, sorry if it's not as good as recent ones.

↳ ♡₊˚.

the cool august evening breeze brushed against your knees as you admired the sight in front of you. you watched as the the calming sound of the motions of waves pulling away from shore and being pushed back up filled in the naked silence. you waited underneath a beach umbrella for your lover, sugawara. he decided to take you to a beach for your 2nd year anniversary. sugawara has always been the romantic one out of you two.

after about 4 minutes, you felt someone grab your shoulders. out of shock, you jumped and turned around to see sugawara's bright smile. you almost slapped the poor boy, but it wasn't your fault he scared you.

"heh, sorry i scared you, dear. i just couldn't resist!" his soothing chuckle escaped from his throat, making your heart rate skyrocket. you would think after two full years that you'd get used to his angelic laugh, but nope, you'd be wrong. it was like every day you were just falling more and more in love with him.

"it's alright, koushi, but you're lucky i didn't hit you in the face," you pouted. sugawara stifled a laugh as he looked at your expression.

"alright, alright. i won't do it again."

"that's a lie, and you know it!"

"yup!" he said cheekily, popping the "p" at the end. you rolled your eyes playfully in return.

you noticed people starting to pack up to leave, as the day was coming to an end. "sugar, are you sure we didn't have to come earlier? it's getting dark out," you asked him.

"i'm positive, dear, just you wait!" he smiled at you warmly, and in return you sighed.

you looked ahead of yourself to see the sun slowly setting, half of the sphere resting upon the horizon. As soon as the majority of the people left, sugawara stood up and held his hand out to you. putting your hand in his, you were lifted off the ground and got back onto your feet.

"so, what now?" you questioned eagerly, wanting to know what his big plan was.
"come with me to the shoreline, okay?" he asked him, to which you obliged. he told you to wait there as he unlocked his phone and turned up the volume. a familiar song started to play, shocking you. line without a hook by ricky montgomery.

this song has been both yours and sugawara's favourite song for the longest time. it's been the song you've sang along to loudly on midnight drives. it's been the song both of you would fall asleep listening to during your cuddle sessions. it's been the song that both of you would cry to, sharing your heartfelt emotions with one another. this song has been with you since the beginning of your relationship and even before that.

he asked you with sweetness lacing his tone, "[surname] [name], may i have this dance?"

you giggled in return of his actions, replying with, "of course, my good sir." you tried to mock the formality of his tone, but it just ended up making him laugh rather than him being embarrassed.

he gently set a hand on your waist as you placed your palm on his shoulder. you and sugawara intertwined your fingers together with each other's free hand. you both slowly started to sway to the music, this moment almost feeling unreal. the waves gently washed up onto the shore, touching your ankles as it came up. sugawara gave you a small twirl, your wide-brimed hat lifting up a tad as it caught wind underneath it. as the song ended, sugawara dipped you down then planted a kiss on your lips. you kissed him back with a giddy smile.

"i love you, [name], happy anniversary."

↳ ♡₊˚.

butterflies :') this oneshot may be an oldie but it's a goodie ee!!