dandelions - s. hinata┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。

a little oneshot of our favourite short mb <3

based off of: ruth b.'s song dandelions

this was an old oneshot i made so sorry if it isn't up to par with my other ones!

↳ ♡₊˚.

"[name]?" the ginger haired male glanced at you with an eyebrow cocked up. he's had his heart set on you in recent weeks after you became one of the two assistant managers for karasuno's volleyball team. he's always found you a rather attractive person, personality and all. you were just too ethereal for this world. hell, he was a firm believer that you were far prettier than kiyoko, which could be considered impossible.

"yes, hinata? is there anything you need?" you looked over at him with a sweet smile, curious to see what your question for him was.

seeing your innocent gaze and your jaw dropping smile made his heart race. he was almost certain you could hear his heart beating out of his chest. "c- could you, uhm, meet up with me on saturday?" he asked, his cheeks a rosy red hue. he felt like he was gonna piss his pants since he was so anxious. quickly after seeing your shocked face, he added on, "of course you don't have to! i was just wondering, i'm sorry, i must've made you unco-"

"sure, i'd love to, hinata!" your mouth, which was slightly agape due to your surprise, curved up to make a smile. hinata's eyes shined with glee and relief after hearing your answer.

"cool, i'll pick you up at eleven! no earlier, no later!" he yelled happily, catching the attention of your peers around you. his cheeks flushed in embarrassment after realizing that he caused a scene.

seeing his face turning beet red, you let out a small giggle. oh, how melodic it sounded to hinata. "see you then, tiny giant," you bid him farewell, grabbed your bag, and left the classroom. hinata was jumping with joy as soon as you left and did a little fistbump into the air. little did you know, your response made his day a whole lot brighter.

↳ ♡₊˚.

hearing the annoying buzz of your alarm clock, you sat up and stretched your arms. after hearing a satisfying "pop" of your back, you shut off your alarm and looked at the time. '9:03 a.m., should give me about two hours to get ready,'  you thought. in said time, you took a quick shower, dried your hair, pulled it up into a half up half down style (▸if you have short hair, my apologies, ignore this◂), and picked out an aesthetically pleasing outfit. a slightly oversized white turtleneck, pale blue ripped jeans, brown combat style boots, and rounded glasses. (▸prescribed glasses or just a fashion style glasses, it's up to you.◂) looking at yourself in a full body mirror, you seemed satisfied with your look and checked the time. 10:34 a.m., what were you supposed to do in the spare time? you decided to prepare two small bento lunches for the two of you, just as a small thank you to hinata for inviting you out.

luckily, right as you finished up the bentos and put the lids on top of them, you heard the chime of the doorbell. you hurried to answer the door to see hinata on the other side, dressed in a white shirt, jean jacket, black jeans, and white high tops. "hey, [name], ready to go?" he asked with a wide grin. you nodded in return, then handed him one of the bentos.

"i made this for you for inviting me, thank you!" you handed him the bento and looked down at the ground, trying to hide your red tinted cheeks.

hinata thankfully took the bento and smiled, radiating warmth and happiness. "thank you, [name], i appreciate it. should we get going now?" he asked, getting a bit impatient due to him being excited. he has this whole dramatic confession planned out, but let's all be honest, he'll stutter and mess up. talking to you made him feel like what it's like before a volleyball match; nervous but he still loves the excitement. you nodded in return to his question. he grabbed your arm and practically started dragging you to the location he was taking you.

whenever you were about a block away, hinata told you to cover your eyes. no peeking, you recalled him saying. i'll lead you there while your eyes are shut. you trusted hinata enough not to let anything happen to you, so you let him guide you. after about 7 minutes, he told you to uncover your eyes. you peeked at the sight in front of you between two of your fingers and gasped in awe when you uncovered your eyes fully. the scenery in front of you was a gorgeous meadow with a lake. hinata chuckled at your reaction before noticing some dandelions close by. he plucked two, handing one to you. "make a wish, [name]!" he told you, before he too closed his eyes and blew the seeds off of the dandelion stem.

following after him, you made a wish as you gently blew on the dandelion. you knew wishes never came true, but you did it to make hinata happy. pros outweigh the cons in this situation.

"what did you wish for, hinata?" you asked him, curious to see what the ginger would wish for in his life. to grow taller? to become the new karasuno ace? for kageyama to stop being so vulgar?

"you can't tell someone your wish, or else it doesn't come true, silly!" hinata mentioned.

"ah, right..." you muttered, more to yourself.

"but, uh, if you really want to know..." hinata pressed the two tips of his index fingers together, signalling that he was getting nervous. "i wished that you would feel the same way about me as i feel about you. i like you, well, like-like you! i hope this won't ruin our friendship, i'm sorry," he felt tears threatening to spill out like a faucet. he looked down at the ground and prepared for rejection. although, rather than being met with harsh words, he felt a soft hand touch his hair, followed by a gentle kiss on the forehead.

he quickly looked at you and saw you smiling sheepishly. "consider your wish granted, hinata."

↳ ♡₊˚.

i really hope this wasn't too much like fanon hinata hksjh bye lol