Yes it is my Nalangu i

Yes it is my Nalangu i.e. haldi function. After kicking out the three gentlemen from groom's side  to their house which is two blocks away the ladies of the village gathered at our place till marriage ends.

First of all the Patti, mom and Kaveri atthai applied turmeric paste to my cheeks, hand and legs then other ladies and grandmas did the same along with blessing me,decently covering me in yellow like a jaundice patient.

At last the monkey group came near with their hands behind them smiling like perfect idiots. Something fishy....

"What are you monkeys planning in your not so good working brain?" I asked smiling as they neared looking at each other as if searching for right moment.

"Close your eyes.." Vishwa told and I nodded no.

"You will have to.." Dakshi said smiling devilishly and within a second all 8 hands on my face and hair spreading the turmeric paste.

What next came was their height of making fun..

Before the monkey girls could complete their 'mission Vrushali in yellow' Vishwa took a big water vessel and poured the whole on me. I groaned and shrieked as the water hit my head with so much of force that I thought water is going to make a hole in my head.

The monkeys laughed and giggled at their completed mission of making me full wet.

I was super angry at these monkeys, although water was to be poured but not like this.

"You all will pay for this crazy act, each one of you." I warned them. What surprised me was Dakshi had also included in that monkeys.

Sane became insane.

"That will be a debt till you get married." Naaz replied confidently giggling at me then grinning at Vishwa.

"That is not too far.. once done you all are fried." I told strictly adjusting my saree which stuck to me. Amma and Patti helped me get out of the wet place.

Amma  started scolding them for such childish behaviour. Despite of this scolding Stace told

"What! We just had fun. Isn't marriages to be fun?. Yes or no?"

"Don't be a spoilsport Saranya. This was just sample. Main rain is about to...." Vidya squealed before she could complete her sentence a jar of yellow water fell on her. The doer was none other than Stace baby.

So

It became Happy haldi to all !!

.............

VIDYA'S POV

Today has been very fun running day.

What was more hilarious that she didn't know all was getting captured live in video call directed to my beloved Anna.