𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Weeks went by with their same routines, Jeno driving the car everyday and Jaemin riding with them even though his car was already fixed way before. The three of them were always seen together, but more like, Jeno and Jaemin are always sticking to Renjun. Well, Renjun doesn't hate it.

But it makes him think, What are they? He's sure that he likes the both of them, but neither Jaemin or Jeno told him about what they feel about him. Though they wouldn't make him feel left out whenever they were together, but they never gave him the assurance either.

He kept thinking about it during their library time with Donghyuck. The tanned male was busy talking about his complaints about Mark when he heard his phone rang. It was Jeno's mother. It's been a while since she last contacted him, the last time was before Jeno and Jaemin's soccer match.

He heard that the two families went home and had dinner on Jaemin's house a week ago, he had work and he wasn't exactly invited that's why he didn't join. The two tried asking him to join them but he feels like it's not his world to meddle in. They were just too out of reach.

"Renjunnie!" he can already feel the excitement on the older's voice, making him smile a little.

"Yes, auntie?" 

"We had a dinner last week and I saw the two being very close with each other. Did they finally made up?" she squealed excitedly.

"Uh, yes auntie. They made up weeks ago, they already talked about their fight but I don't really know much about it" he said, scratching his nape for being unhelpful.

"Thank you dear! It's finally time to make the arrangements!" she excitedly shared. 

Renjun furrowed his brows curiously, "Arrangements?" he echoed.

"They're getting married! We planned this a long time ago with my best friend, which is Jaemin's mom, we weren't able to push it through because they were having a fight. Thank you so much for this Renjunnie" she explained in glee.

"M-marrige?" he echoed, listening to the mother's plans until she ended the call. 

He slumped on his seat and Donghyuck noticed it, "Hey everything okay?" the tanned male worriedly asked.

"Can I crash on your place?" he silently asked and Donghyuck nodded.

"Of course, you can always live there if you want" he replied looking at him while figuring out what the shorter's problem was.

"Thank you, hyuck. I just need a new job" he massaged his temples.

The convenience store owner was putting his own child to work at the store so they needed to remove someone to make him fit in, which is why he was asked to find another job. The owner was nice enough to give him three months worth of his salary to get by. 

He earned quite a lot of money because he wasn't spending anything while living at Jeno's but now that the two of them have to get married, he has to leave.

When it comes to Jeno and Jaemin's money and lifestyle, he's nothing. He can't prove anything yet, which is a bummer but he knows that that's how life works. 

It's unfair but he's used to it.

"My aunt's noodle shop is looking for a help, do you want me to recommend you?" Donghyuck softly said while hugging the short male from the side, hoping that it would make him feel better.

"What would I do without you, hyuck?" Renjun mumbled, hugging Donghyuck back.

"Don't make me cry, it's too early" Donghyuck stomped his feet playfully, making the both of them laugh.

"Injun?" a voice stated making the two best friends stop what they were doing.

And when Renjun thinks two problems are enough to make him feel worn out, they gave him a new one, 

"Doyoung." 

it's doie's time to shine ;))