07 | many thanks to the magnanimous twat.

Start from the beginning

"I can't say how wrong that sentence sounds," I said, and then concentrated on the design that had initially caught my attention. "Well, it seems like we are at an impasse. This calls for some help."

"Help from who?" Adrienne questioned, looking around at the bustling hallway. "We don't exactly have a ton of friends."

My eyes trained on a familiar person on the room. "Well, I sure can see a friendly face in the crowd. Hello Neil! Here!"

That boy snapped his head right towards me — and his face broke out into a grin as he stalked towards us.

"Hi, Jannat."

"Hi Neil!" I chirped and then gestured to my best friends. "This is Adrienne and Estelle, my best friends. Este, Adri — meet Neil, we have history together."

"Oh wait, you're the nice guy who gave up the parking space for us!" Este murmured but abruptly stopped when Adri elbowed her in the ribs.

Neil, ever-so-sweet, didn't seem to mind. He flashed both of them a grin, and then turned to me. "So... um, what's up?"

"Well," I murmured, stepping closer to him so that he could peek in my sketchbook. "Which dress do you think is the most party-crowd pleasing?"

He pushed his glasses up and with utmost concentration, peered at my sketches and took in the descriptions scribbled in, pages after pages. After what felt like forever, he pointed towards a dress and turned to me with a triumphant smile. "This is the one!"

I observed the dress he was pointing at, pleasant about the fact that he was pointing at the very dress that had been my very choice. It was fully black, with a wide, deep squared neckline and full sleeves — it had a series of buttons towards the left side which had a flap over it to give the illusion of it not being a buttoned-up dress and more like a wrap up dress. There were big golden buttons for show at regular intervals to give it the don't–bother–me look but the plunging neckline and the length of the dress, which ended mid thighs and oozed seduction and the well-known i–can–show–you–a–good–time thought. It was sleek, modern, fun and yet classy. Hence, a perfect choice. A pair of knee high black boots with matte-finished gold embellishments and I'd be turning the dusty roads into my own ramp.

"I just envisioned my whole look for the party and I think I cried a little. I am going to look good," I squeaked out, shooting Neil a smile and snapping my sketchbook close.

"Well, that's it then," Adri murmured. "Two out of three done. Only mine is left. I think you can do it on your own Jan, yeah?"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Don't bail out on me."

"I am not," She said, grinning at me. "Just leaving the stuff to the expert."

"You—" I started but she was already hot on her heels towards the exit. "See ya'll later! Goodbye! Este, Jan, call me!"

"Well, that was swift," Neil remarked, turning to us. I shrugged.

"Well, I should get going too I think," Este replied, and then leaned in to press a brief kiss to my cheek. "Talk to you later, Jan. Take care. And don't kill Christian while taking his audition. Remember, removing the blood stains from the stage carpet wouldn't be a breeze."