Chapter 9: Dreams are forever

"That is good to hear, sweetie. I am glad you got all that acting nonsense out of your head," her mother said in a sweet voice.

Yuna closed her eyes for a few seconds. She felt her dreams slipping from her fingers. Her parents crushed it since she had come home from high school one day and said she would be joining the drama club.

A huge fight had broken out, and she remembered - that she had slept in Jungkook's room that night while he had comforted her. You will be the actress you want to be, he softly said as he kissed her hair.

"Yes, I will see you this weekend. Tell father I send all my love," Yuna replied, opening her eyes.

She wanted this call to end. "Sweet dreams, honey."

Her mother ended the call, and Yuna felt how the energy had left her body - ultimately. She dreaded the weekend. She placed her phone on the table and went into the kitchen. A sigh escaped her lips - she would tell Jungkook tomorrow about their parent's visit.

She put the kettle on while taking a cup out of the cabinet and placing a tea bag inside. She was battling the tears that wanted to fall . . . she felt like a little girl back in her parent's home.

"I just have to push through with the career . . . I have," Yuna muttered out loud. The kettle made a noise and then switched off - Yuna stared at it blankly. Did it just break?

She tried to switch it on again - but it did not go back on, and she bit her lip out of frustration. Should she go to the neighbour?

She shook her head and decided she would go to bed without her tea then - she had to get up early anyway.

She left the kitchen and was about to enter her bedroom when her phone vibrated on the table. She paused and turned around. The only other person who would contact her was Jungkook . . . and they had already spoken.

*****

Namjoon watched as Jin sped away from the restaurant. He was not going to leave the conversation as it was. He had promised that he would not meddle - but that was when Jin won the bet they had made for this new movie of him.

What Jin did not know was - the fact - that Namjoon was in contact with Tae, Suga and Hoseok. He had never told him because he was afraid to lose Jin's friendship, but he had his reasons.

When he was sure Jin would turn back suddenly, he turned on his heels and returned to the restaurant. He saw the manager -busy cleaning up the mess - the cook was leaning against the kitchen wall.

"Jungkook, you should not push her," Nimue said softly.

"I have to push her, or she would never realise that she is - not happy," Jungkook replied.

Namjoon took a small step forward - he did not want to intrude . . . but this conversation was interesting.

"She needs to realise that on her own," Nimue grumbled.

"She knows. It - just feels like she's incompetent when it comes to our parents - and I want to help her to stand up for herself. That is why I want her to go to that competition," Jungkook said, and he looked up - seeing Namjoon standing at the door - and he froze.

"I am sorry. I did not mean to intrude," Namjoon said and smiled.

"Not at all," Jungkook said, placing the cloth on the table, "What can I get you?"

Namjoon licked his lips. Jin was going to kill him - but he had a gut feeling that this was the right decision. "I wanted to ask if I can get the waitress's telephone number?" Namjoon asked in a hopefully.

Nimue stood back from the wall while Jungkook blinked at Namjoon, "Can I ask why?"

Namjoon took a deep breath before opening his mouth, "I want her to go to this competition at my friend's company." Namjoon saw the confusion spread over . . . What was his name again? "Jungkook, I know this is sudden - but I believe - that she could save his company."

Jungkook folded his arms, "What is the company?"

Namjoon felt a pang of hope - if he was willing to listen - then everything would not lost on them. "It is the biggest filming company in Seoul," Namjoon said proudly, "And I think that she would be perfect for the role."

Jungkook could not help as a grin spread across his face. What were the chances that the friend of Seokjin had seen her potential and wanted her to go to that interview competition?

See Yuna . . . Dreams are forever, Jungkook thought before answering Namjoon, "Then you and I should become allies."

"An alliance?" Namjoon asked in surprise, "What on earth for?"

As Jungkook and Namjoon were talking, Nimue slipped into the back office. He closed the door silently behind him and walked to the safe - which - was behind a painting on the wall.

"You see," Jungkook started, "The waitress is my sister - and she still has this dream . . . to become an actress."

"Then why had she never-"

"Our parents crushed her dream and made her choose the career as a teacher," Jungkook interrupted.

Namjoon blinked - wasn't that a bit harsh? But he understood that very well. Parents usually want the best for their children; they should listen and support their dreams no matter what.

"What do you want to do?" Namjoon asked.

"After what happened here, Yuna said she would not be going to that interview and usually when she is that determined . . . There is no way of persuading her," Jungkook said and cocked his head to the right.

"So she would have gone?" Namjoon asked and placed his finger on his chin.

"Yes, but the little incident changed her mind - and what I have heard from Nimue . . . Seokjin was a bit of a jerk."

Namjoon could not argue with that. Jin had been a jerk to the girl, yet she had handled herself very well. "He is dealing with something personal . . . his heart is broken. So I do apologise on his behalf," Namjoon bowed, "Please accept my apology."

"There is no need for that," Jungkook said, waving his arms a little, "I just need you to help me get my sister to that interview."

Namjoon looked up, "So, throw her in without telling her?"

"Exactly," Jungkook grinned, "The interviews are for the whole week, yes?"

Namjoon nodded, "They are . . . So?"

"Because you have seen her potential - why not make her the last interview for the week? I will speak to her and convince her . . . but if that does not work . . . I will carry her in the car and take her myself," Jungkook said proudly.

"You are one good brother. Then that is a deal - should we exchange numbers?"

"Sure," Jungkook replied, taking out his phone and handing it to Namjoon.

Namjoon entered his digits, "Let us help both of them to save their dreams."

Jungkook nodded as Namjoon handed him his phone, "They should realise that dreams are forever."

"You are right," Namjoon held out his hand, "To a beautiful friendship."

Jungkook gripped his hand, "A beautiful friendship indeed."

They shook on it. Namjoon turned around and gave a small wave. He left the restaurant, and Jungkook was grinning like a cat.

I will always help you, Yuna, you will see, He thought and turned around - Nimue was still standing against the corner with a weird expression highlighting his face. "What?" Jungkook asked.

"You should not meddle," Nimue replied and reentered the kitchen. His hand went to his apron - money.