Gaara glances away from a moment, almost in deep thought.

He opens his mouth to speak, but hesitates, causing him to close it.

" What were you going to say?" You asked when you saw him hesitated, you wanted to do anything to change the subject. And if he was going to say something different, you wouldn't care.

" well I was thinking-..." he pauses, " well I don't know your thoughts on kids but I would like to have one someday" he states as he looks back at his food.

" It's okay if you don't agree, we can find something out to do." You felt your heart warm up as you but your lip, tears brimmed your eyes as you watched him eat his food.

" R-Really?" You sniffled, causing him to look up to see you rubbing your tear-filled eyes, causing him to worry.

" Are you okay?- you want to have kids?" You asked, cutting him off.

He hesitated before nodding, " yeah- but are you okay?" You shrugged your shoulders as you started to full-on cry into your hands ( I need to stop making the reader cry).

" Y-Yeah it's just," you hesitated for a moment, thinking about not telling him. Maybe you could make up an excuse for just being tired? Or maybe you were just happy that he would like kids as well? But he wouldn't believe any of those, cause he knows you so well.

You slightly flinched when you felt his arms wrap around you, having you move you're face-up from your hands to see his red hair ( he was burring his face into your shoulder/neck).

" Your pregnant, aren't you?" He asks, having you slightly gasp ( I hope y'all know what I mean).

You were about to say something, but you just broke out sobbing, causing him to pat your back.

" Stop crying, it's fine- just stop crying" he tries to comfort you, but you just didn't stop crying.

" I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth!" You cried out quietly, he sighs. " don't say you're sorry! It's fine-..."
He pauses for a moment, coming to a realization.

" Is this why you were avoiding me?" He suddenly asks, having you nod your head in agreement.

" I'm sorry that I did that too" you sniffled.

" well now you don't have to worry about telling me- and if you were pregnant again you don't have to be scared" he reassures, having you sadly smile into his chest.

" Yeah-... your right"

...  

" Mommy! I found you!!"

You flinched when the closet door opened to your son, he was about 4 years old.

" Oh- h-hi! Wheres daddy?" You asked him, having him shrug, that's until he spotted the ice cream tub in your hands, having him gasp.

" I want some!" You quickly hushed him, pulling him into the closet and somehow closing the closet door.

" Mommy what are we-" you hushed him once more, handing him the ice cream. " here, just don't say anything- only whisper" your son nods as he shoves some ice cream in his mouth.

He looks around the closet room before looking back at you, " why are we in here?" He whispers, you nervously smile. " we're playing hide and seek with daddy" he gasps, almost jumping around.

" I love!-" you cut him off by placing a hand over his mouth.

" Shhh- gotta be quiet!" You hushed, pulling your hand away from his mouth, having your son quickly nod, his red hair following his movements.

" sorry mommy" he whispers. Suddenly, the two of you heard footsteps in the room, causing your son to cover his mouth, including yourself.

That's when the footsteps stopped, almost making you two believe the person who was walking was gone. But that's until the door slammed open, causing your son to scream and giggle when he saw his father, Gaara.

" Daddy!! You found us! No fair!" He giggles out, having Gaara smile and pick him up. As for you, you stayed on the ground with the tub of ice cream beside you.

Gaara smiles, " I saw the pregnancy test- did you get scared again?" You nodded, as your son grew confused.

" What's a... pregnoncy test?" Your son asks, attempting to say the word " pregnancy".

Gaara smiles and looks towards him, " do you want to become an older brother?" Your son pauses before shaking his head in disgust.

" No! Ewww! No!" He then gasps, " wait you have a baby in you!?" You nodded, having him try to get out of his father's arms.

" I'll solve the problem mommy!" He exclaims while throwing his arms around as Gaara pulls him away from you.

" you'll love being an older sibling! Trust me!"

_______

Word count: 1330

Posted: 5/16/21

Edited:

Note: sorry, this was supposed to be posted yesterday but I was out all day so I didn't have time to write!