Chapter 12- Don't Blame Me

Start from the beginning

"You guys wanna play truth or dare?" Larry asked. "Definitely," I said sitting down next to him in the small hot pool. "Yeah," Sal replied. He sat on the rock only putting his feet in the water, I guess he didn't want his mask to fall. Though Ash was in the water right next to him. "Alright Y/N, truth or dare?" Larry asked. "Mmm truth," I said getting comfortable with the water. "Who was your weirdest childhood crush?" Larry chuckled. "Probably the main character from How To Train your Dragon, he was so fine," I laughed. "Sal," I smirked. "Truth or dare?" I asked. "Truth," Sal replied. "Who do you have a crush on?" I said getting out of the water.

"Hold on before you answer, Larry come with me," I said getting out of the springs. Man, my ass was freezing. Not really a good idea to go in water during November. "Where are you guys going?" Ash asked. "We're going to go commit arson," I laughed. "Bye bitches," Larry smirked. In reality me and Larry just hid behind the trees.

"So about that truth- Ash the person I like is you. It alway's has been, since the day we met. Do you like me too?" Sal asked with his head facing the other way. Larry and I snickered behind the trees, we could see everything that went on. Ash looked sad, why?

"Sal, you know I love you," Ash said looking up at him. "Wait really?" Sal replied. "They're definitely gonna kiss," Larry whispered. "Yeah but I'm not in love with you," Ash said frowning. Oh god. Was that what she was trying to tell me earlier? "Oh," Sal replied getting up. "I'm sorry, I- I didn't mean to freak you out. I'm so stupid," Sal said. "Sal..." Ash said moving to him. "I gotta go," he sighed. He started walking down the trail and my body can't process what just happend.

"Oh god, Sal. I should go talk to him," Larry said following behind him. "Yeah," I replied, getting back into the springs. "God. I feel so bad," Ash said putting her hand on her head. "Why did you say that?" I asked. "I used to like him, but he's more of a brother to me.." Ashley frowned. "He's liked you since forever, he's probably so hurt," I sighed. "I know Sal. He's in love with the idea, not the person," Ash said looking at me. I fucking snapped.

"You have no fucking idea how hard it is to be isolated most of your life and fall for someone without having a single fucking clue what love is. The idea? He loves the fucking idea? He's never felt that way before and you say it's the idea!? He doesn't even fucking have an idea of what it is, Ashley." I snapped at her. I'm starting to think I wasn't just talking about Sal. "I didn't mean it that way, Sal and I aren't a good match, not anymore," Ash sighed. "You guys have always been a good match. I see it. Everyone fucking saw it. Even Sal. He believed it," I said pushing my hair back.

"I'm gonna go check up on Sal," I said getting out of the water. It's freezing but I can't feel a single fucking thing. I got back to the lake house, Neil and Todd were enjoying themselves outside. At least someones happy.

"Larry?" I asked looking for him. "Y/N. You're gonna catch a cold darling, go shower first," Larry said directed me towards to the bathroom. "But Sal-" I said looking back. "It's fine, just take care of yourself first. I don't want you getting sick," Larry sighed. "Okay. Thank you Larr," I smiled. I took a shower and dressed up quickly heading over to the room Sal and I were bunking in.

He was laying down, hugging a pillow, his face turned to the wall, and his back to me. "Sal, I'm so sorry," I said putting my hand on his arm. "Please don't talk to me right now," Sal said moving his arm so my hand would fall off.

"Sal, I didn't know," I said sitting on the edge of the bed. "I don't care. God can you please shut up for once?" Sal snapped. Who the fuck does he think he is? "I get that she doesn't like you that way, but she isn't leaving you. She's still there," I replied. "Yeah? But she isn't mine. You said she liked me, you knew all this time. Why?" Sal said, his grip tightening around the pillow.

"I didn't know. I know you're hurting right now but blaming other people isn't what you should be doing," I said honestly. "I'm sorry if this is so out of character for you but I trusted you with something and believed you. It makes it even worse that Ash doesn't feel the same. Do you know what it's like to be me? To be like this? I know I shouldn't but i've been isolated from everything because of how I am," Sal sobbed.

"No, I don't know what it's like to be you. Only you know that. But you're not isolated anymore, you have all these friends. They love you. I don't even know who I am, but you're the only fucking person who knows me better than anyone," I felt myself starting to tear up.

"Don't blame me for something Ash felt. Don't fucking blame me!" I yelled. I hated people blaming me. It hurt having the only person you cared about kill themselves and having you being blamed for it. I'm done. I'm too tired.

"There's over 7 billion people in this world, Sally Face. Someones destined to love you. Maybe you're just too stuck up in your own sad world that you can't see it," I said wiping my tears. I can't let him see me cry, not again. I know I shouldn't have said that but he's being so insensitive.

"Just leave, Y/N." Sal sighed. "Fine, and just so you know. Just because love doesn't work the way you want it, doesn't mean that there isn't someone who will show you how," I said leaving the room.

I passed by Larry and didn't say anything. I just went in the bathroom and buried my head in my knees. I fucked up. I fucked up and I can't stop crying. I shouldn't be. At all.
Nothing I do is ever good. Nothing. I ruined everything. I'm so sorry, Sal.

-end of chapter
authors note: lol so hey! currently crying rn bc "i cant handle change" is playing on my playlist while i write this and i feel so horrible. anyways i hope i made you cry<3 it just gets worse PLSLSLSLS BUT there will be many fluff chapters to make up for it:)) anyways bye darlings, have a good rest of your day/night!<33