Chapter 2- Friends

After Sal left, I cleaned up my entire house and placed everything where it should be. It took long but I don't like leaving things unfinished. Captain Levi would be proud. By the time I finished it was already 12, lunch time. I questioned whether I should go over to Addison Apartments to meet Sal or wait for him to come over. I just decided to go into town and buy food. I'm hungry as shit.

Maybe I'll return the Uhaul truck while I'm over there because I might as well. The town didn't have much people and for some reason I liked it that way. I first dropped off the U-Haul truck, then went to a restaurant called Jimmy's. I ordered some pizza and walked around the town a bit.

I kind of liked it here. It felt like the town was off from the world, like a whole different place. It was the weird kind of comfort. I just kept walking and walking and eventually I was back at my house near Addison Apartments, that's when I saw a familiar face. "Sal?" I said walking up to the person, it was definitely Sal. Though he was with some other guy, tall and had long hair.

"Hey Y/N! I was just about to go to your house. Oh and this is my best friend, Larry."
"Hey mamas," Larry said with a smirk. I can't. I started laughing so hard, I started wheezing. Sal joined me too. "I told you to not call them that Larr," Sal said catching his breath. "You guys are mean," Larry said crossing his arms. "It's nice to meet you too." I replied. "Do you guys wanna come in?" I asked looking over at my house. "Yeah of course." Sal said.

I could hear them whispering behind me as they followed me to my house. "Holy shit, how did you unpack so quick Y/N? The place looks great!" Sal said as he walked in. "Woah I love the vibe you have in here, is that a Sanity Falls poster?" Larry asked walking over to my wall. "Yeah, my dad listened to them so I guess it grew on me." It was kind of awkward with Larry around, I'm not quite used to guests.

"Do you guy's want something to eat? I forgot to get groceries but we could order something," I asked, looking at the both of them. "Oh no I'm good, but if you need some groceries we could go out and get some if you want," Sal said. Larry nodded in agreement. "Yeah why not, I don't have much to do anyways." I smiled at them.

We left my house and rode in my car. (just pretend the car was there all along, yeah?)
"So what made you come to Nockfell Y/N?" Larry asked. "I just needed to get away from everything and this seemed like the perfect place for me." I smiled. "You guys wanna head bang to Sanity Falls? I have their newest album heh."
"Hell yeah." Me and Sal said in unity.

A few headbang sessions later, we got to the local grocery store. Larry and Sal helped me pick out plates for my new house and Sal picked out a cat shaped rug. I bought a few food items like meat, seasoning, eggs, milk, and luckily they had rice as well.

When we got to the counter I was surprised to see a girl my age. "Hey Ash!" Sal said walking up to the counter. Ash? "Hey Sal, I see you've made a new friend. Hi I'm Ash, I work here," she said with a smile. "Hey, I'm Y/N, I just moved here. I live in the house next to Addison Apartments," I said placing the items onto the scanner. "So you're the new neighbor? My mom and I were going to drop off brownies by your place later," Ash replied giggling. I didn't know what to say so I just smiled at her.

She was about to scan the last box until I noticed what it was. A box of condoms. God dammit Larry. "Oh god, Larry! Sorry Ash, I don't need those um- I guess Larr needs those not me," my face turned a bright pink. "What I wanted to have a good time tomorrow," Larry said crossing his arms. Ash started laughing at him. "It's not like you get laid Larry." She said scanning the box. WHY WOULD SHE SCAN THE BOX!?

"It's not like Sal gets laid either," he said crossing his arms. Sal walked over and punched him in the arm. "Ow."
"Here Larr, don't freak them out okay?" Ash said throwing the box at Larry. We all laughed.

"Wait what happens tomorrow?" I asked, paying for everything. "Larr is gonna throw a party down at his place, you should come Y/N," Sal replied helping me grab the bags. "Oh I don't,, I don't really do parties.." I said. It's true, I don't.  "Don't worry we'll all be there and you can meet our other friend, Todd. He's nice. Here give me your number and I'll text you the deets," Ash said handing her phone to me. "Okay." I gave her my phone number and said our goodbyes as we walked out of the store.

We drove back to my place and Sal and Larry helped me put the food in my fridge. "Thanks for helping me boys" I said offering them a root beer. "Anytime, babe," Larry replied. Sal punched him in the arm once more. "I am not your babe Larr," I said crossing my arms like a child. "Whatever you say, babe," he winked.

We all sat in my living room, not knowing what to do. "Do you guys wanna watch Attack on Titan?" I asked, hoping they knew what it was. "I have no idea what that is, sorry Y/N," Sal said. "Yeah same here dude," Larry agreed. "Are you guys kidding? It's like the best anime to have ever existed. You guys have to watch this from the beginning, it's good I swear." I said taking the remote and turning AOT on. We ordered some take out and just watched. I loved seeing them so intrigued in the show.

We bindge watched the entire season 1-2 and the first half of season 3. By this time Larry had fallen asleep but Sal was still up. I could feel myself falling asleep too. (AOT SEASON 3 SPOILER COMING UP!⚠️⚠️)   "Are you kidding me? Bertolt was in the walls the whole time??" Sal asked in shock. "I know right, he's in a deceased human wall." I said laughing. (PLEASE)

"Hey Y/N is it okay for me and Larr to stay here for the night? It's late and it's hard to wake Larr when he's dead asleep, if not thats okay" Sal asked looking at me. His eyes were illuminated by the TV screen, they were so pretty. His eyes were one of my favorite parts about him. 

"Yeah of course, oh and Sal? Can I have your number? I just think it would be more convenient if I-"
"Sure, here give me your phone," he said holding out his hand. "You have Hange as your phone screen" he said with a smile. I can tell when he's simling, his mask lifts up a bit and you just know. "They're pretty okay." I said taking the phone back from him. "Thanks Sally." I smiled.

"Can i ask you something?" I said facing him.
"Yeah of course, whats up?" he said looking back at me. "Why do you wear the mask? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I asked with a slight smile. "It's a prosthetic. I was attacked as a kid and I've worn it ever since." Sal replied looking down. "Do you think it's weird?" He asked looking up back at me. "No absouluty not, I think it's cool- Not cool whatever attacked you but the prosthetic, it makes you, you." I smiled at him.

I could tell he was blushing. His ears were red. I did mean it though. I think Sal is one of a kind. I leaned onto his shoulder and fell asleep. "Goodnight," I heard him whisper before I fell into a deep sleep.

-end of chapter
authors note: hell yeah, i just finished two chapters in a day. im so cool. honestly i hated this chapter, it seems like i was bad at explaining things PLS. anyways hopefully it was good enough, and i hope you stick around for the next chapter! have a good day/night!:D